• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Patch Knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From 1981. Bowie with my version of a Spanish notch. I used that design on several similar knives, but it is not my mark, and has no purpose beyond decoration.
1597679109892.png

Another

1597680058873.png
1597679109892.png
1597680058873.png

No. It is simply decorative. Was popular and possibly originated in the Mediterranean region. Most were much better looking that that one shown.
Howdy Wick:
I stand corrected, my apologies. How ya.' holdin' up? The last time we spoke was last Summer and you were building a shed right ahead of a tropical storm. Not feeling the best as I recall?
Hopefully that has improved.
God bless:
Two Feathers

I'm holding up pretty well, thanks, but do not have the stamina I once had. Very difficult to see well enough to do close up work. Had cataracts removed but need a little laser work done yet.

This past weekend I was at the Smoky Mountain Knife Works. I picked up the patch knife you see below. The knife has a doo-dad on the blade just in front of the handle. Does this have a name and what is it for? Thanks,

Jack

oKsRDxd.jpg

39lbRPG.jpg

Can you share the model number of the knife, I like it and might have to order one.

Thanks

I have it on good authority that it is used to push down over the cap on the nipple to crimp it tight and prevent it from falling off. :cool: TDP

I'm holding up pretty well, thanks, but do not have the stamina I once had. Very difficult to see well enough to do close up work. Had cataracts removed but need a little laser work done yet.
LRB
Hang in there buddy, don't push it.
I had cataracts removed from both eyes in 2013. Best $66,000.00 I ever spent. Went from 20/400 vision to 20/20 in both eyes. If I had known how simple and painless it was, I'd have had it done 30 years ago. Now I tell folks: I can tell if a Gnat is a boy or a girl from 300 yards. :thumb::dunno::doh:
God bless:
Two Feathers

Nice get
I have a similar one that’s full tang with 3 pins 2 and 3/4 blade curly maple handle. I don’t patch balls so I mostly use it to get dirt from under my fingernails on the trail. At the time I thought curly maple was common on frontier knives but Mr. Ellerbe has since kindly disabused me of this. Yours looks much better with with the plainer wood grip.

LRB
Hang in there buddy, don't push it.
I had cataracts removed from both eyes in 2013. Best $66,000.00 I ever spent. Went from 20/400 vision to 20/20 in both eyes. If I had known how simple and painless it was, I'd have had it done 30 years ago. Now I tell folks: I can tell if a Gnat is a boy or a girl from 300 yards. :thumb::dunno::doh:
God bless:
Two Feathers
Me too. When it was all over, I had 20/20/ , about 4 yrs ago. Now anything past 75 yrds is blurry in the right eye, and the left is blurry at any distance, even up close, and not correctable by glasses. I need a some laser work done on them, but am having to wait to get in.

The fancy file work at the base of the blade on a Kukri is not purely decorative. The Kukri is/was standard issue for Gurkha troops who employed it with great success in many conflicts.

Me too. When it was all over, I had 20/20/ , about 4 yrs ago. Now anything past 75 yrds is blurry in the right eye, and the left is blurry at any distance, even up close, and not correctable by glasses. I need a some laser work done on them, but am having to wait to get in.
Good mornin' Wick:
I'm sorry to hear that you have to wait; but with this virus stuff, and given the health issues we share, the last place either of us needs to be right now, is anywhere near a hospital!
I never was able to get any Boxwood from that link you gave me. I think it was someplace called the Wood Warehouse, or something like that?
Good luck with your eye surgery.
God bless:
Two Feathers

The fancy file work at the base of the blade on a Kukri is not purely decorative. The Kukri is/was standard issue for Gurkha troops who employed it with great success in many conflicts.
Please explain the use of the filed cut out on a kukri, which is different from most Spanish notches anyway.

Back