• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Patch Knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm holding up pretty well, thanks, but do not have the stamina I once had. Very difficult to see well enough to do close up work. Had cataracts removed but need a little laser work done yet.
Hang in there, it gets better, the laser can be repeated if needed. I have had three corneal transplants as well. Don’t shoot so good any more, thinking of putting bayonet lugs on my rifles and trying to get closer. The main thing is we are still out there!

Howdy Wick,
Well sir, I only know what I've been told, but here t'is. Back when the world was young (and so were we) I spent some time at Fort Benning. While there I was introduced to a Gurkha officer, a Major as I recall. We got to talking knives, specifically fighting knives, and I asked him about the ornate file work at the base of the Kukri blade. He said that if the knife was drawn for anything other than normal maintenance ... like cleaning or sharpening ... their tradition was that it must draw blood before it was re-sheathed. He said it originated with the worship of Shiva and the little notched area is so they can nick a finger or whatever for that purpose without removing more than they could afford to lose. At the time it seemed logical ... but of course I was in my 20's then and many things seemed logical that really don't make much sense now.
Go figure.

Latest posts

Back