• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New one on the way

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel collums

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I went and bought a percussion pedersoli hawken .54 today i will post a picture of it when it comes in, if my wife don't beat me over the head with it when it comes.

Man, you haven't learned to have them shipped to work or a single friends house to keep the wife from finding out.

2 Tall, that's ridiculous. Don't be silly. Giving such advice.

Hold for Pickup at UPS!!!

:rotf:

Hey Tocco, that promises to be a sweet gun. What's the backstory?

wifes not going to be mad, to tell the truth i made her push the buy it now button. the story is one of us died and the widow put it up for sale on gun broker she said her husband paid a little over 1400. for it and waited 3 months to get it. its new in the box. she said it was his wish to have one after he got to see some guys at his gun club shooting some, he never had it long enough to shoot and they had no children. when my wife gets out of the tub i will see if she can post the add picture of the rifle.

Is your wife trying to drown herself? :wink:

That story about the widow etc. sounds a bit too maudlin to be true. As long as you didn't pay too much and the gun is as advertised, it doesn't matter. (PS: how does a grieving widow find out about Gunbroker and how to post a gun for sale?? Hmmmm :hmm: )

Here is the picture that was with the ad.
NEWGUN_zps5982a673.jpg
[/URL][/img]

a friend of the deceased man listed it for the widow. i paid $900 for it and got a very good return option. if i find any thing wrong with it i can return it to the seller for a full refund, shipping included. they are sending the org.invoice with it and a copy of the order form. i know its not a custom build by a gun maker from around here but its about as close as you can get without spending more money than i can afford to spend. i was going to get a lymans gpr but this one was calling to me for some reason.

Looks like you got a deal no matter how convoluted the story! Haven't shot the Pedersoli version myself but many who have them like them...guess that's good enough! :wink:

That is stunning! What a beautiful looking rifle, you did well :thumbsup: .

Now, if it were only a flinter it would be perfect :wink: .

my new pedersoli .54 hawken came in today about a hour ago. when the mail man gave it to me i almost started crying,there was a big hole stabbed in the side of the box and you could see the rifle. i took it in the house and opened the box thinking the worst but somehow its undamaged. it really looks good and i can't wait till tomorrow, going to clean the barrel real good tonight and fire some rounds through it in the morning. i will post a picture when i get the chance. i also made a powder order today, some fffg, can't wait to give it a try as i have only used ffg in the past.

Toc, I just shot mine yesterday. You may want to stay with the 2Fg in the bigger bores above .45 cal. I burn 3Fg in my .32, .40 & .45. My .50, .54,.56 and .62 all get 2Fg in the pipe.
Only exception is my .54 cal pistol gets a diet of 3Fg down the barrel.

Here are the pictures of my new rifle.I see why the mountain men always had horses under them to tote their rifle.
DSCN1110_zps0b5a4533.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN1109_zps1ae3868b.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN1108_zpse51928ad.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN1106_zpsc0b4bae9.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Beatiful!!!! You look so proud of it, as I would be. Time to make smoke. Congrats on a fine looking piece of work! :thumbsup:

Tocco;
May I ask how tall u r, and, is that how far back you have to have your head on the stock to be comfortable?

Back