• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Ohio Member - Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mckaylodge

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello, I’m in Northern Ohio. I’m returning to BP shooting (target shooting on my farm) after something over 20 years and I’ll be 70 in April. I work less and can play more now. I spend much of my free time building, restoring and riding vintage motorcycles - mostly Indians 1928-1947 (but I have a ‘48 Panhead too). But my motorcycle shop is not heated so I don’t get much done with the bikes in winter and wanted something to play with in winter. At the company I own one of our historic objects conservators was restoring two museum flintlocks (link below to one) and seeing them every day got me wanting one. I starting reading the posts in this forum and learned so much I paid for it (contribution). I’ll be starting with a Pedersoli Howdah 20/20 as soon as I collect all the items I need and cast the balls. I just finished completely refinishing the wood and steel as I was not liking the factory finishes (details and images posted elsewhere).

Bob

https://mckaylodge.com/conservation-treatment-of-an-american-revolution-fowler/

Welcome from the Ozark mountains. I had a '53 Indian Chief when I was a puppy, wish I still had it, even though I no longer ride. Worked too many bad MC/Vehicle wrecks when I was in law enforcement, retired after 29 years.

Not too terribly far from cedar point then,
Not too terribly far from cedar point then,

Ha, Actually, I have lived, where I am located near Cedar Point, with my wife and four children for 39 years. Over that time only one of our children ever wanted to go there and did so. The kids grew up on a farm and maybe that was “amusement” enough. I get motion sickness! Can’t do rides of any kind. Thinking, I never introduced shooting to our four children. My father was a duck and bird hunter and gave me my first shotgun (Savage 20) when I was 12. We practiced on clays and did a few pheasant hunts. It turned out I was not the right material for that. Every flush me the 12 year old just looked at the flighting birds in amazement and forgot to shoot.

Back