• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New NMLRA member

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fez

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Not so new to the forum but as of 1:45 p.m. today I am a new member with the NMRLA. Will be making campground reservations for the September shoot. Hopefully it will be a huge learning experience and maybe a chance to pick up a new handgun or shotgun smoke pole....I am already getting excited!

Last edited:
You will enjoy your September trip, I look forward to mine each year.

If you are looking for a new hand gun to you, look in the Pistol Shack, there is a lot of variety there.

If you go by the pistol line and see Texas plates, stop by and say hi.

Get your camping reservations early.

You will enjoy your September trip, I look forward to mine each year.

If you are looking for a new hand gun to you, look in the Pistol Shack, there is a lot of variety there.

If you go by the pistol line and see Texas plates, stop by and say hi.

Get your camping reservations early.
I will look for those plates...I spent a few years in Little Elm Texas...I loved it there.

Welcome. The matches at Friendship are a hoot. Have some fun and good luck.

In the past, you can get breakfast and lunch there in case you do not feel like cooking. I always like the breakfast, it's a good time to visit with folks. Seems like they also had supper but did not ever eat it.

Not so new to the forum but as of 1:45 p.m. today I am a new member with the NMRLA. Will be making campground reservations for the September shoot. Hopefully it will be a huge learning experience and maybe a chance to pick up a new handgun or shotgun smoke pole....I am already getting excited!
You'll be overwhelmed the 1st weekend you attend in Sept. There will be so much to see you'll never see it all. Plenty of vendors with guns and accessories will be available for purchase. If you see a crazy dude running around with a camera on a selfie stick, be sure to stop me & say Hi. If you live close, you should try attending our New Year's Day shooting event. We plink, try out each other's guns and eat VERY well. No entry fees, no prize money, just plain o' shooting and fun shop talk. Here's a little glimpse of some of the activities you'll see from both events:

Oh, if you want to buy stuff from the vendors, need to do so prior to Wednesday, cause they will be gone by then.

Looks like a 8 day shoot i would like to attend and shoot but don’t know if I could make all 8 days, never been what would you all recommend for a first timer ?

Looks like a 8 day shoot i would like to attend and shoot but don’t know if I could make all 8 days, never been what would you all recommend for a first timer ?
The 1st weekend you should look around and shop. All vendors are there. Most will leave by Tuesday, so, purchase whatever you need the 1st weekend. Any day after Monday will be less crowded to go try out the shooting matches. The further into the week you wait is even less crowded.

You'll be overwhelmed the 1st weekend you attend in Sept. There will be so much to see you'll never see it all. Plenty of vendors with guns and accessories will be available for purchase. If you see a crazy dude running around with a camera on a selfie stick, be sure to stop me & say Hi. If you live close, you should try attending our New Year's Day shooting event. We plink, try out each other's guns and eat VERY well. No entry fees, no prize money, just plain o' shooting and fun shop talk. Here's a little glimpse of some of the activities you'll see from both events:

Your YouTube videos were a big influence on me joining the NMLRA...I enjoy them very much.

I am in the same boat! New member well, relatively new and trying to get to the Sept nationals too. Cant decide on whether to just shop and check out as much as I can or try to squeeze in a shoot or two. I would try to BP be there for the first weekend. This would be my first trip too. The other decision is whether to bring my little camper or stay at a local motel. We have time to decide but excited either way. And Maniac Shooter was a major player in my decision to try and attend. I watch all of your videos. Keep em comin… Fez, maybe I will see you there…
Jim

Not many local motels. Friendship is small, so small the Post Office in only open 2 hours a day. We stay in Lawrenceburg which is about a 30 minute drive.

Might try the Moon Lite Motel is Versailles.

Back