• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

new member from bavaria

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Upstate NY.

I use a G. & J. W. Hawksley flask as my primarly "shotgunning" flask when I am not carrying a horn style flask.

fhN0ZRy.jpg

It really was!
The Christmas Markets are so cool! As Powder Flask Collector knows, craftsmen set up temporary shops in the Market area, and sell all kinds of crafts and things, lots of high-quality, German-made wood crafts like nutcrackers and the candle-things that spin when you light the candles. One market had a giant reproduction of one as their shop! I bought a German-made classic grey herringbone wool cap there. Since the weather is cold, warm Glühwein is a favorite drink, and you get to keep the ceramic Market mug, with the town name and year. The booths that the vendors set up are built to last, even though the market is temporary. I recommend a visit to anyone, and especially if you have a kid in the Service over there. They'll appreciate your visit, and you'll have a great time!
Sounds great. Wife and I might someday take a shot at it. And, again, welcome to the group Mr. Flask...

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Some of you will certainly know Katterbach and Ansbach. That's the region where I am home.
If you don't have a copy already, try to get a copy of "The Powder Flask Book" by Ray Riling; it is the "bible" for American flask collectors. In the US, this

Screen Shot 2023-07-30 at 10.49.20 AM.png

book occasionally shows up on "For sale or trade" listings in muzzleloading forums at much lower prices than shown below

Many American servicemen know the Ansbach/Katterbach well. If you come across a gold wedding ring engraved on the inside with 6-24-66, I lost it in Ansbach in 1969 while visiting a helicopter pilot who was stationed there ( They liked flying over the "FKK" areas and waving to the local girls.

Back