• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New member coming back to muzzleloading

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onausable

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I've been away from muzzleloading for quite some time. The reasons aren't important. And when I think about all the great rifles I had and have no longer well....we all make mistakes. Anyway when I started thinking how much fun this was I remembered one of the rifles I first started with was a Dixie Tennesseee Mountain rifle. I recently ran across one and all the memories came rushing back. I'm happy to say it is now mine and I'm happy to be back. I'm looking forward to learning and exchanging information with members of this forum.

Welcome back to the fire. Another Northern Michigander. Search some back topics, join in, and it won't be long til yer building also. Iffen yer close enough, a few of us informal shoot Wednesday nights at the Northland sportsman club. Come and join in. Bill

It's always great to hear about people coming back to muzzleloading.

No need to explain to us why you left. Just accept our welcome, sit back and pour some coffee and join in with us.

I once had a chanch to buy a used Dixie Tennessee at a gun show. I didn't have the necessary cash on hand that day and when I went back the next day it was gone. :cursing:

I think as you look around, you will find that when it comes to Traditional Sidelocks, this site cannot be beat by anyplace on or off the Net.
Best people, most knowledge, very seldom do folks flame or pick on anyone here. You'll like it. :)

I'm betting the first time you shoot your new gun all of the rest of the memories will come back and once again, you will ba addicted like the rest of us.

Be sure and let us know how your new/used rifle behaves.

Zonie, I think he is already addicted and went cold turkey then fell off the wagon. Welcome back, misery loves company. :blah: :rotf:

:hatsoff: That is great news!! I too have returned to muzzleloading after years of playing with "the other stuff" I regret letting a couple of nice flinters go, but thank the Lord I kept the heavy plains rifle.They are just AWESOME! I just recently picked up a Pedersoli Frontier and have been having the time of my life getting back into muzzleloading.It is as much fun a guy can have and still have his clothes on :grin: Enjoy! Meathead

Back