• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Howdah on the way

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackNet

40 Cal.
Reaction score
OK, I bought a howdah(20x50) from dixie and it will be here monday. It's a kit btw but not to fear I am planning on having a ton of photo's of this project. I have been waiting for these for a very long time it seems so here's my chance.

Ed

it's HERE.

This is the 20x50 kit. No work has been started on it yet.
IMG_5077.JPG

Now this is just pure sexy. Going to clean up quite nice!

IMG_5066.JPG

going to do some checkering on the stock in the back here.

IMG_5074.JPG

barrels are still rought in some parts, may do a rust blue treatment on it, oh and btw that's a block of amboyna burl (the most expensive wood on the planet, that's raw wood btw)

IMG_5072.JPG

IMG_5070.JPG

love these locks but i think the screws will need some work.

IMG_5081.JPG

Thinking of some checkering here as well. not sur ewhat pattern(s) yet.

IMG_5071.JPG

some glue(?) on the right barrel but that should come off easily when i clean it.

Ed

Looks like a very good starting point...nice grain in the stock too! I wasnt even aware that "Kits" were availible....I just shucked out some $$$ for a LePage Target pistol....but now I am gonna have to drain the account again for one of these!!!Man...aint this Hobby Expensive????

Yeah-I've been looking at these for awhile too. It looks like something everyone is going to have to have one of :surrender:

Back