• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New here and to muzzle loading guns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello from central PA. I'm way too familiar with the Black Forest. I was assigned to a GLCM team there a long time ago.

Welcome!!!! We live in East Anglia, and the two sons of our late dear friend were also in the Luftwaffe - one a pilot and the other a 'wizzo'.

That is great to hear! Do you know which wing they where with and during what time period? I used to be a wizzo myself...

Welcome from Virginia, USA! My favorite muzzleloading firearms were made in Bavaria, in the 16th and 17th century.

Do you know where they were made? I am aware of weapons made in Suhl in Thuringia (my fathers family is from that region) in that time period.

Welcome aboard from Maryland. Your country is beautiful, I like your beer, wursts and cars. Can you buy black powder substitutes without a license? How about caps?

Caps can be bought but not black powder and its substitutes. I'm working on my license but that will take till early next year I think. But it is possible to shoot together with somebody that has a license already.

Welcome from Norway. Hope you get all sorted with your licence! I hope you will get to enjoy black powder shooting and the history that comes with it!

Hi All!

Few words of introduction: The name is Matt. I live close to Munich, Bavaria (Germany) and yes, only a few weeks till Oktoberfest.

New to this forum and to muzzle loading as well. It is all a bit different/difficult here in Germany. You can buy a muzzle loading firearm but not black powder. For that you need a mandatory safety course (probably not a bad idea) and a state license (I'm working on that).

I own only one gun so far, a Pedersoli An XIII pistol [1] as I am very interested in history, esp. the Napoleonic Wars.

Another big interest of mine is classic cars and I like to get my fingers dirty working on them. I own a 1979 Land Rover 109 Series III.

What else? I spend twenty years in the German armed forces (Luftwaffe) and a glorious year in San Antonio (Remember the Alamo!) with USAF in the early nineties.

Hope to learn a lot here.

Matt

[1] Muzzle Loading Pistols model An XIII Pistol
Matt, WE:CPME.. I live about 50 miles NW of San Antonio, in Bandera Texas. I am 81 and I shoot a lot of black powder, rifles, pistols and shotguns. Snapshot from Norway knows mw=e, we have met in Florida at an annual Rendezvous. Feel free to contact me anytime at : [email protected].

Matt, WE:CPME.. I live about 50 miles NW of San Antonio, in Bandera Texas. I am 81 and I shoot a lot of black powder, rifles, pistols and shotguns. Snapshot from Norway knows mw=e, we have met in Florida at an annual Rendezvous. Feel free to contact me anytime at : [email protected].

Thank you! I don‘t think I‘ve ever been to Bandera but we visited Kerrville and Fredricksburg that shouldn‘t be far away?
I was stationed at Randolph AFB.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back