• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Guys: Tom Fuller Black English Flints are a must!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhwestfall

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I thought to myself, flints are flints until I just got an order of BEF's from Tom Fuller. Compared to others I have gotten from other vendors, there is no comparison.

Anyone new to the sport, do yourself a great favor and get some. It will save you a lot of headaches as you try to figgure out these darn flintlocks!!!!

Fantastic Bob !!!! :applause:

I'm glad to see that Tom is selling direct to the public again. That reminds me that I need to order some for for our Black Powder club.

I've tried a few different agates and french ambers...Fuller's BEFs are the best price/performers in my locks hands down
:thumbsup:

Slowpoke said:
Fantastic Bob !!!! :applause:

I'm glad to see that Tom is selling direct to the public again. That reminds me that I need to order some for for our Black Powder club.
Did order two bags of flints from Tom last year but....he didnt take orders under 100 flints in each bag :grin:
ARILAR :grin: :thumbsup:

I am not aware that he is selling direct. I was merely being discrete and not endorsing any distributor that he may be using (didn't think is was proper to mention names) :winking: .

Please allow me to agree completely; Fuller's English flints are the best! Le Grand

I tried to order some direct last year - got no replies to my emails. Currently I import English flints to New Zealand via the USA - was hoping to skip a step...

tmla said:
"...I tried to order some direct last year - got no replies to my emails..."
Unfortunately, the reason for turing a cold shoulder to individuals is that one of our "fellow muzzleloaders" took issue with me personally coordinating bulk orders for groups of fellow muzzleloaders and simply passing them on at cost.

This "fellow muzzleloader" had been doing the same thing, except he was charging a "profit price" and didn't like the favor I was doing for you guys as it hurt his chances to sell to what he saw as his "fellow clients" rather than fellow muzzleloaders.

So he called places like TOW and got them all riled up that there was a concerted effort going on to under-cut their businesses, and they in turn contacted Tom Fuller, threatened him, etc, and he stopped making sales to individuals altogtether...even returned an uncashed $700 check I had sent him for another order of 1000 he was about to fill.

Not one to give up easily, I managed to convince a BP supply house who does care about muzzleloading enthusiasts, to do that same favor for us Flintlock shooters.

He's now processing his second bulk order of several thousand Tom Fuller flints, selling them to us at cost...I ordered 250 3/4" flints myself in each of the two bulk orders...shooting is a lot more enjoyable when the flint only costs .69 cents.

I'll probably leave a few hundred in my will to some Internet forum...:grin:

Roundball,

Interesting story you've written there. I don't suppose you'd be willing to give up the name of the guy who screwed his fellow shooters and Tom Fuller to make a few cents.

I also know that you started the coordination for sales on the TMA web site then passed it off when the reponses didn't come in as you expected.

Your story sort of implicates TOTW for pulling the strings on Tom's bulk sales to clubs/individuals. I don't know if that can be proven unless somebody steps forward to admit thier selfishness.

TOTW's prices for Tom Fuller flints are still lower then any other web sales I've seen.

I guess what I'm saying is your story doesn't fit my direct experience with Tom Fuller flint distribution.

Old Salt

Old Salt said:
Roundball,

Interesting story you've written there. I don't suppose you'd be willing to give up the name of the guy who screwed his fellow shooters and Tom Fuller to make a few cents.

I also know that you started the coordination for sales on the TMA web site then passed it off when the reponses didn't come in as you expected.

Your story sort of implicates TOTW for pulling the strings on Tom's bulk sales to clubs/individuals. I don't know if that can be proven unless somebody steps forward to admit thier selfishness.

TOTW's prices for Tom Fuller flints are still lower then any other web sales I've seen.

I guess what I'm saying is your story doesn't fit my direct experience with Tom Fuller flint distribution.

Old Salt
You know who is being referred to and your event timing is off...I coordinated bulk flint purchases after I did the leg work and set up the contact with Tom Fuller for the TMA to run one as a means of attracting new members...the situation is simple enough for you...go contact Tom Fuller again right now and see if he'll sell to you directly...and you obviously missed the sale coordinated by the BP supplier I engaged...TOW is twice the sale price...
:hatsoff:

Old Salt said:
Roundball,

Old Salt

roundball !! :shake: As I can only speak for myself, I'm sure others, other than I, are somewhat courious as to whom you speak of.. :hmm:
sniper68

Hi Joel:
My flints also came over the weekend. Ive never used flints, only agates. So I'm anxious to try them out this weekend.
Mine also came from Cains. I'm glad that I was able to participate in this deal. The fellow that arranged this jokingly suggested I " mortgage my home to get as many as I could " as this was a really good deal.
snagg

Roundball,

You know who is being referred to and your event timing is off...

Actually, I don't know. I can only speculate but I don't find that productive.

If you compare the web prices for Cain's to TOTW there's about a 35 cent difference in price per flint, with TOTW being the better buy.

Is the Cain bulk promotion still available?

Old Salt

Roundball is right on the money! When I wrote on the TMA sight that TOTW had stopped Fuller from sell to us direct. They sent me an e-mail threatening to take action if I did not recant.
I told them to go to hell. TMA jerked my post and sent it to the never, never land of the archives.
Old Charlie

Old Salt said:
Roundball,

You know who is being referred to and your event timing is off...

Actually, I don't know. I can only speculate but I don't find that productive.

If you compare the web prices for Cain's to TOTW there's about a 35 cent difference in price per flint, with TOTW being the better buy.

Is the Cain bulk promotion still available?

Old Salt
The bulk buy was never on their web site.

Old Charlie

When I wrote on the TMA sight that TOTW had stopped Fuller from sell to us direct. They sent me an e-mail threatening to take action if I did not recant.

I don't believe there was ever any proof to the allegation that TOTW was responsible for the outcome. Without proof it was irresponsible for the TMA or any website to perpetuate a rumor.

Old Salt

Roundball-I don't know who did what to who? I was really looking forward to those flints from you.I ordered flints fron Track, and of course they sent the wrong ones twice.You get to pay the freight back to them even when you ordered correct P/N,so now have $2.10 flints that was a good deal?I just ordered flints from October country,yes they are more money but the freight off-sets the savings from Track,especially if you receive the right ones.I'm done ranting now,by the way,they still charge you that $2.00 handling fee it is now in the freight charges..Respectfully Montanadan

Back