• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Guys: Tom Fuller Black English Flints are a must!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snagg, you will LOVE ( :bow: ) your new flints! My Mortimer came with a sawn green agate in the cock and I have shot that about 40 times. It was quite serviceable but I needed to rotate it and/or flip it about every 3 or 4 shots. I replaced it with a black flint the other day and right away I noticed that it makes a great deal more spark than the agate. I have taken about 20 shots with the flint so far and have not needed to flip or rotate it once yet. The edge still looks the same as when I put it in (compared to the agate which is noticeably chipped away). Try dry firing your gun in the dark with the agate and then do it again with the flint and you will see what I mean.

He had so many requests continue to pour in after the August 15 cutoff, that he just submitted a second bulk order to the UK last week...don't know if he has enough additional requests to do a third one but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

When the price of flints started going up, I purchased a diamond saw and making my own from suitable rocks picked up afield. (time and labor intensive)

Now I go to rock and gem shows and buy scrap, I carry my fire steel with me to test. You would be surprised at how cheap one can pick up scrap agate, jasper and such. It is almost always slabbed to the right thickness and requires very little work to turn into very serviceable sparkers.

Just recently, from the scrap I got for 15 bucks, I made up 120 pieces of 5/8" to 7/8".

Halftail said:
What are the Black English flints that Track of the wolf sell?Tom fuller?

didn't track have bulk bags fer sale back some time ago in lots of 100..............bob

Latest posts

Back