• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Guy From Arizona

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry D.

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello all.
I live in the central part of Arizona outside of Buckeye. As with most Arizona residents, I'm a transplant by way of southern Kentucky and west Texas.
Been shooting since I was a kid, and that was a looonnng time ago.
I've had a few black powder firearms over the years and enjoyed them all. Dad had a couple of front stuffers that he enjoyed as well.
I figured that I might get back into the hobby, and this site was recommended as the place to learn about them and get some advice. I may even be able to pick up one or two in the process.

I'll likely lurk and suck up some info in order to avoid asking too many stupid questions.

Welcome from the land of (fill in the blank) Arkansas. not AR Kansas, But Ar kan SAW (by law). The bear state, the Wonder state, the Toothpick state, the Land of Opportunity, the Natural State, and since the last election, the Land of Chaos. Pickups seen everywhere flying flags; Old Glory, Confederate Naval Jack and Infantry Battle flag, Trump Red, Trump Blue, Confederate Bonny Blue Flag, Gadsen ( Don't Tread On Me), Vietnam (South) Vietnam POW, and Mexican, Puerto Rico, Honduras, El Salvador, Cuban, Guatemalan. Some I don't know. I like the Arizona flag, it's star and glorious rays. Might have to get a Welsh flag, some of my Dad's folks came from there, nobody else is flying one, LOL! Come see us, The girls in Arkansas are cuter than a hoot owl baby.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Since you live over in the area, you might be interested to know the one place in the Phoenix area that sells black powder is called, "Thunderbird Cartridge Co."
They are located at 7215 W. Southern Ave, Laveen Az.

If your planning on buying black powder from them, they like you to call first. Their phone number is 602-237-3823 or, 1-800-535-2666.

If you get into shooting the percussion guns, it doesn't matter as much but, if you get into shooting flintlocks, they must be loaded and primed with real black powder. The synthetics don't work well at all. Real black powder works best in the percussion guns too.

Hello all.
I live in the central part of Arizona outside of Buckeye. As with most Arizona residents, I'm a transplant by way of southern Kentucky and west Texas.
Been shooting since I was a kid, and that was a looonnng time ago.
I've had a few black powder firearms over the years and enjoyed them all. Dad had a couple of front stuffers that he enjoyed as well.
I figured that I might get back into the hobby, and this site was recommended as the place to learn about them and get some advice. I may even be able to pick up one or two in the process.

I'll likely lurk and suck up some info in order to avoid asking too many stupid questions.
Welcome! I'm originally from Indiana, but have lived in Az since 1945. This site is the place to be if you are seeking info on muzzleloader anything.They grow on you!

Attachments

• 20201107_180138.jpg
    20201107_180138.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 48

Latest posts

Back