• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New guns inherited. Tell me more

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CVA trigger is an easy fix and it is a nice rifle. If the Thompson doesn't have sentimental value as is, and it were mine it would be returned to original or near original condition.

Last edited:
Oh, and that's a Seneca patchbox so, I'm'a go with mangled Renegade on the stock.
That's probably a Seneca butt plate too. Looks like they cut the comb down at the heel
end to fit it.
First of all you should shoot them as is, get to know them as they are. I don't mean
one shot each either. Shoot them all day and play with the loads until you've wrung
out and found out the best they can do. You might find that you like them just the
way they are.

That's probably a Seneca butt plate too. Looks like they cut the comb down at the heel
end to fit it.
First of all you should shoot them as is, get to know them as they are. I don't mean
one shot each either. Shoot them all day and play with the loads until you've wrung
out and found out the best they can do. You might find that you like them just the
way they are.
Yes thats the plan. My wife is gonna take the 45 and myself the 54. It will be a great elk gun for our December week long traditional only muzzleloader season here in Montana.

Hell, I would leave it as is and use it for hunting elk. A family member's Johnny Cash Cadillac.

What is the point of returning a gun to an assembly line non-historical reproduction state? Do it in memory of T/C production worker? It wasn't anything special when it was original. At least it has character that a family member put effort into.
Indeed. She's a one of a kind. Priceless.

Is the CVA made in Spain? Looks like an earlier U.S made rifle. The Spanish ones had “made in Spain” stamped in the barrel.

Latest posts

Back