• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Gun Monday

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a truly nice rifle; and I, too, love that stock color. I have a rifle stained that color and have had many good comments on it.

Very nice! I keep "himming and hawing" on a rifle from TVM - got my mind on a Southern Basic in .36. They seem to produce a lot of rifles and reviews on service and quality seem consistently good.

Dave Person said:
Hi Baron,
If you want a southern rifle in 36 cal, check out Jim Kibler's kits before settling on a TVM.

dave

Dave's right. The Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle is outstanding.
The kit is great to build, the architecture is very good (and wonderfully slim), the lock is fast, and they shoot very well.
While Mountain rifles are not my favorite style of gun, my Kibler SMR is so nice to shoot that I cannot resist it. I love it.

Cheers,
Chowmi.

I've got a TVM Southern rifle in .36 and there are no flies on it. An accurate rifle and IMO it's beautiful. I'm not talented enough to finish a kit.

I, too, have a TVM SMR in .36. It is a very skinny little dude and feels like a BB gun. But that sucker is evermore accurate. It feels great when shouldered. I will not sell that little guy.

But the Tn style SMR from Jim Kibler is awesome!

I shot the rifle Wednesday. It's very accurate with 60 gr. fffg. It grouped well, windage is fine but was a bit low...needs a couple of strokes on the file on the front sight. The rear sight is fine, I may file the notch a bit deeper to get some more light. I like it a lot. I'll probably go a bit higher on the load. The Siler lock is very fast.

The Baron said:
Very nice! I keep "himming and hawing" on a rifle from TVM - got my mind on a Southern Basic in .36. They seem to produce a lot of rifles and reviews on service and quality seem consistently good.

Or give Tip curtis a call..good chance of zero wait.

Gene L said:
I shot the rifle Wednesday. It's very accurate with 60 gr. fffg. It grouped well, windage is fine but was a bit low...needs a couple of strokes on the file on the front sight. The rear sight is fine, I may file the notch a bit deeper to get some more light. I like it a lot. I'll probably go a bit higher on the load. The Siler lock is very fast.
----------------------

tell us your plans for this rifle paper or fur?

Back