• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Need some assitance with my first flintlock choice

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the answer, Grenadier - I was asking just out of curiosity.
On my three rifles most used, I have replaced former TC-locks by L&R "drop-ins", as
in national matches in Germany, TC locks were a no-no because of their coil springs.
(And I also replaced the TCtriggers by "Deerslayer" set-triggers, and new barrels from GM).
Again out of pure curiosity, I wonder if the new TC locks still employ coil springs?

@dr.s.goerisch, T/C used the coil springs in their locks until production ceased.
Thank you, grenadier 1758, for letting me know about T/C. I did not know at all that their production had ceased.
(When?)
Way of the world. Feinwerkbau of Germany has ceased their production of the finest percussion revolver ever made and also their excellent underhammer percussion pistol two years ago. Among others, Chaparral Arms of Italy went out of business, after a short time of producing neat-looking but overall lousy lever guns (like my Winchester 1876).
Around Brescia/Italy, many of the smaller producers of guns and parts who made decent turnover in the 70ties to 90ties have since gone out of business.

Back