• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Forum User

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makensmoke

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello All,
I am a recent convert to the world of blackpowder,
about 12 or 13 years ago I bought a .36 Colt Brass frame at a local gun show. I liked the style but never did anything but hang it on the wall. One day in Feb of 2004 a friend of mine took it down to look and told me that the "wall flower" was a shooter not a fake for display. It took me untill April to get it to a muzzleloading shop in the area and have it looked at by a smith. I left the shop that day with the basic knowledge and equipment to make smoke. I fell in love with the style and feel fo shooting the BP.

In June of 2004 my family and I moved from California to Oregon and I am having to find new places to shoot. I was given both a 1858 Rem repro and a Hawken .54 for the Christmas. Its hard to wait to use them but work and life in general is slowing me down right now.

I am looking forward to reading through the posts to try to expand my skills with the BP.

See you in the posts,
Mike

makensmoke,
welcome to the forum glad to have you wirh us.
all your answers are here :imo: either find the answer or ask for the answer! its really very easy. hope you will join in whenever you can.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :peace: :) :thumbsup:

makensmoke : Welcome To The Camp ! !
It's good to see another one from Oregon here at the forum.
So have you had time to shoot your 54cal. Hawken rifle?
Where do call home in Oregon? Anyway, glad your here, and there is alot folks here to help you with your journey into Black Powder. Take care, Steve (Mtn-Man2u) :)

Thanks for the Welcome Guys,
Steve,
I haven't had a chance to go out with the Hawken yet,
I also have a Rem 44 to breakin but haven't gone yet.
Work keeps me busy. :(

I am in the Salem area right now and am tryin to find a place to shoot. ::

Thanks Again,
Mike

Back