• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dang it, brand new to this....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have had the love of hunting and firearms over 50 years now. It wasn't until recently I decided to delve into another category, black powder. It's. Funny how our wants and needs change through out life, it took a while to get here but get here I did!
I think I fell into a good deal buying some muzzleloading rifles sight unseen from a friend of mine that has family in Tennessee. Doing a little research on them brought me here. Many questions were answered in these forums and now can ask some of my own.
Today is opening day of regular deer season here in South Texas but I am sitting it out.planning on hunting the "doe days" later in the month.
Boy howdy it looks like another rabbit hole I am jumping into.

life has a way of circling around. when i was a child the only gun i was allowed was a throw away from one of our neighbors.
not going to identify that muzzleloader because i didn't take care of it and soon traded it off for a M1 carbine. even as much as the carbines are going for today, that flintlock would probably buy 5-6 of them.
went through every kind of gun for the next 60 or so years , but always seemed to have a black powder eater in the house.
now when time has caught up to me i have returned to muzzle loading almost 100%.
the pace of muzzleloading pleases me, where the pace of them new fangled getups just make me tense up.
I guess life has circled me.
welcome to the best firearm hobby there is. buckle down and enjoy the ride!

No kidding. Black powder is a whole new world. Whatever you thought you knew about guns doesn't apply here. Whatever you own to shoot and maintain your guns doesn't work here. Welcome to the rabbit hole. Once in, it's damn near impossible to get out. Not that you're really going to want to, anyway. It's just too dang much fun.

No kidding. Black powder is a whole new world. Whatever you thought you knew about guns doesn't apply here. Whatever you own to shoot and maintain your guns doesn't work here. Welcome to the rabbit hole. Once in, it's damn near impossible to get out. Not that you're really going to want to, anyway. It's just too dang much fun.
now wait a moment wiscoaster!
there is the .................. no you are right about that one.
well there is.......... nope that doesn't apply either.
here is one .......... nope!
well shooting safely does cross over. yup! you are right very little applies.

Howdy and Welcome from The Woodlands, on the edge of the Piney Woods, north of Houston!
Folks on the forum here know what to do, and what NOT to do, regarding any bp stuff. Ask any questions you come up with, and you'll get plenty of info for free. Caveat Emptor, though.

We love photos. Show us where you shoot, and what you shoot.

If you're of the mind, there are probably reenactment groups down near you that you might look into. South Texas is a big area, so there's bound to be a group near you. Go visit a rendezvous, and you'll find all kinds of things that you can't live without!

Welcome to the Rabbit Hole!

Well thank y’all for the warm welcome. Just bought these from a friend of mine and have been searching and learning a little about them.
0efbY_3eOmQnp18NKbwgxCGjQ[\img]

I have had the love of hunting and firearms over 50 years now. It wasn't until recently I decided to delve into another category, black powder. It's. Funny how our wants and needs change through out life, it took a while to get here but get here I did!
I think I fell into a good deal buying some muzzleloading rifles sight unseen from a friend of mine that has family in Tennessee. Doing a little research on them brought me here. Many questions were answered in these forums and now can ask some of my own.
Today is opening day of regular deer season here in South Texas but I am sitting it out.planning on hunting the "doe days" later in the month.
Welcome from another South Texan

Latest posts

Back