• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD New Custom .36 Cal. Underhammer Boot Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arcticap

54 Cal.
Reaction score
For sale is an unfired custom made New England style underhammer boot pistol.
It has a 6” barrel and overall dimensions of 10" L X 3.75" H.
It does not have a half-cock, and the trigger is fairly light and crisp..
The maker basically told me that he hand made it except for the barrel and nipple.
He built it with a left-over barrel remnant from one of his underhammer rifle projects,
meaning that the "cast steel" stamp is only there to replicate an antique underhammer.
IIRC it has a revolver nipple installed on it.
The price is $205 including shipping to the lower 48.
Discreet Paypal is the preferred payment method.
Please post or start a private conversation as a time stamp, and please be patient for a reply.

P1280668a70%.JPG

P1280676a75%.JPG

P1280677a75%.JPG

P1280679a75%.JPG

P1280681a75%.JPG

P1280691a74%.JPG

P1280686a55%.JPG

P1280695a100%.JPG

Just to clarify the bore size of this underhammer.
I measured the bore at the muzzle at various depths multiple times with quality Mitutoyo digital calipers and came up
with different measurements at different spots and insertion depths.
While one spot consistently measured .3590, other spots and depths produced measurements of .3570, .3540 and as low as 3505.
I surmise that depending on whether lands are being included in the measurement or not, that at least the groove diameter is approximately .36 caliber.
However the land diameter may be somewhat tighter, since I can't measure very deep into the bore using calipers with much certainty of an accurate measurement.
If I were to experiment with loading this pistol, I would probably begin by using a .340 ball from Track of the Wolf.
And then depending on the amount of loading difficulty with different patch thicknesses, I would then decide whether to use a .345 ball from TOW or a .350 swagged ball or not.
It’s possible that it has an interior land diameter that's tighter than .36 cal., perhaps tight enough to load either a bare .350 ball or a .350 ball with a .005 patch.
The ball and patch size chosen could entirely depend on the amount of loading difficulty encountered after the initial trial.
IMO a process of experimentation would help a person decide which combination that they would be most comfortable loading with.

Last edited:
8 Bore, Thank you for your interest and questions.
I sent you a message by Private Conversation.
To read them, please click on the envelope symbol at the top right corner of the page,
and then click on Conversations.
Then you will be able to read my answers,

Is the .36 cal. u/h pistol still available? Have you determined what size ball would work best?

I am interested as I shoot .45 cal. u/h rifle and pistol at rendezvous.

Yes, it's still available for now.
By selling it in unfired condition, I can't determine which size ball will work best without trying it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back