• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Alamo Museum

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdwatcher

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Private venture, immediately adjacent to the Alamo plaza.
http://battlefortexas.com/

$20 to get in, essentially collecting the admission that the Alamo doesn't (the Alamo is free).

But..... COOOOOOL artifacts :bow: like...

Santa Anna's dress uniform, captured at San Jacinto, ornate as all get out, a peacock indeed. Swords belonging to Sam Houston, Jim Bowie, William Travis and Juan Seguin (IIRC Seguin used his at San Jacinto).

Neil's weapons and personal gear (the guy who fortified the Alamo and set the cannons, later commanded the Twin Sisters at San Jacinto).

Speaking of cannons; a collection of twin sisters' cannonballs from San Jacinto, Mexican shrapnel recovered from the Alamo grounds, and an 18 pounder found in the old town, fired from the famous one at the Alamo, very possibly the same one sent by Travis at the start (turns out that 18 pounder was out of action early on, hit and dismounted by Mexican cannons).

A whole collection of firearms, including a rifle that belonged to Crockett, another longrifle picked up after the fall, several muskets and Spanish/Mexican period weapons with provenance to Texas.

A whole bunch of Bowies and Spanish knives, some provenanced to 1830's San Antonio.

...and....

..........Fess Parker's longrifle grin

See it next time you're in.

Birdwatcher

Last edited by a moderator:
"$20 to get in, essentially collecting the admission that the Alamo doesn't (the Alamo is free)."

I will stay with going to Alamo, it is a shrine, you cannot enter with a hat on your head and they do not charge.

I wish that this museum was up and running last September when the wife and I were in SA. We probably would of paid the $20 admission, but I think that it is a bit much and basically clipping the tourist business.

We paid about the same for the double decker bus tour of SA and just about every place the driver took us was closed that day. I think they should of told us before we paid admission to ride. We also were amazed at the number of bums and pan handlers hitting everybody up for money that came along in Alamo Plaza and the downtown River Walk area's.

Last, but not lease is our Hotel downtown charging $21 a day to park there, with no public parking anywhere near hotel.

Rick :shocked2: :cursing:

I took my wife who is from Chicago to see the Alamo and the River Walk.

She enjoyed seeing the Alamo and considered the River Walk not worth the time.

San Antonio to me is not one of the places that I enjoy, others seem to like it.

We had a ranch in the area and would take the furthest loop to get around the city.

Back