• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need new touch hole

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZDC

32 Cal
Reaction score
Im trying to convert a percussion cap CVA Hawkins to a flinter. I have all the stuff done except the touch hole. Could someone send a link to were I can get a touch hole.

Here is a picture of the old one

Attachments

• IMG_20220416_124300344.jpg
    IMG_20220416_124300344.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20220416_124244155.jpg
    IMG_20220416_124244155.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 21
I don’t know about that.?. If you use the one from Track you’ll be left with threads in the breach

I don’t know about that.?. If you use the one from Track you’ll be left with threads in the breach
Oh. You mean you can't unbreech the rifle, screw in the touch hole liner until it's flush with the interior wall, then cut off the excess from the outside? I admit I've never installed a touch hole. I thought that was the way it's done. Maybe not.

don't even need to un breech the thing.
just run a tight fitting ramrod down the barrel. thread the liner in until it touches and file off the excess, or measure the part that is exposed on the outside, remove the plug and file/grind that much off the inside, get a chamfer bit, cone the inside, and reinstall if you want tho keep the installation slot/socket.

Back