• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need help finding a left handed .32 or .36

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makensmoke

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Ok Guys,
I need a little help. I have looked all over the Internet for a left hander for autumncoyote but can't find one.
I have found lots of .50 and .54 but she would really like to use a lighter round for killing paper and maybe small game. She has tried my .54 with a 50 gr PRB but finds the recoil a little intimidating.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciate
Thanks,
Mike C

Memory fades with time, but as I recall the Cabelas Blue Ridge was once available in a lefty 36. Could be wrong, but I'm a lefty too, and remember contemplating the purchase a few years back. Custom makers are available too, but I finally said the heck with it (or words to that affect) and got a Traditions Crocket 32. No regrets, and saved a bunch of bucks while I was at it (cost less than $300 including shipping from Midsouth). I had to ask myself how much more I wanted to pay for a lefty, and it simply didn't matter to me in a caplock. Now, if I wanted a flinter I would be sharing the same path with you.

I have one, a .32 CVA "Squirrel Hunter" picked up from a C.O.M.B. catalog (overstock company..now out of business) for $40 about 1990...neat little gun, and worth hunting around to find one...I have a right-handed Dixie "Tenn. Poor Boy: in .32, and it seems to me they were offered in left hand as well...don't know if that was so for all calibers, though..good luck...Hank

Keep your eyes peeled for a .45 caliber rifle.
The .440 or .445 diameter balls are easy to find and the recoil will be 30% less than the .50 caliber gun (for any given velocity). :front:

Thanks for the suggestions! I want to find her something shes very happy with so I can keep her shooting with me.
Be back soon...we are moving and the phone lines and DSL wont be working till Friday.
Have a good week all,
Mike

Hello,
I shoot left handed but all my guns are right-handed. Even my flintlock is right handed. I see no difference between shooting them and my centerfire guns. I would recomend shooting glasses no matter what side is used.

Makensmoke,
I too have to use a left handed rifle due to an eye problem. I have been shooting right handed for forty plus years and found it very difficult to switch. Someone suggested an underhammer rifle to you and I quite agree. I have gone to an underhammer for both offhand and chunk shooting and have found it to be a relativley painless transition. If your other half is new to shooting it should be a natural and she, or you, could use it either side. Many are available at modest prices or a custom could be built. One I highly reccomend is Deer Creek out of Waldron, Indiana. They have several styles as well as kits in a wide variety of calibers.
Smokinbuck

Back