• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need a Giant Hawken Breech Plug

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I am looking for a Hawken Percussion Breech plug, Hooked or solid for a barrel that measures 1-5/16ths across the flats. It's for a .69 Cal Hawken project. I do not want to go Flint with this rifle, and I do not want to use a drum.

Got any ideas who makes them is gigantic sizes?

HH

Hey Guys, I am looking for a Hawken Percussion Breech plug, Hooked or solid for a barrel that measures 1-5/16ths across the flats. It's for a .69 Cal Hawken project. I do not want to go Flint with this rifle, and I do not want to use a drum.

HH
Biggest one I can find is 1 1/8

You could call L&R, they may have know of a place

Check with the barrel maker. You might try The Gun Works aka Oregon Barrel Co. if the barrelmaker is no longer there or has no suggestions.

HH
I would call Jason at Rice Barrels and see if he can make one or know where to get one ?

You guys must have some rare breed machine shops. The ones near me won't touch anything gun related. Too much liability.
Locally within 20 miles of me are over 30 firearms manufacturing related companies. Machinists here don't blink an eye, as many of them do some home gun building them selves, and the vast majority are also shooters.

Locally within 20 miles of me are over 30 firearms manufacturing related companies. Machinists here don't blink an eye, as many of them do some home gun building them selves, and the vast majority are also shooters.
I need to move near you. I've learned to do a lot of my own stuff because of liability concerns in my state. It's a very litigious place.

Back