• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need a breech plug

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin Iron

32 Cal
Reaction score
I just was given this rifle that had been sitting in an attic for a lifetime form a close friend and his wife. It had always belonged to the family and he remembered it had been used by his grandfather. It's a half stocked sporting rifle made by Warren Hatch of Burlington Vt. 1844-1860. It's missing the breech plug, drum, nipple and the hammer & screw. I would settle for the breech plug or maybe someone that could make one. The breech plug is separate from the tang so it's actually three pieces. Then barrel, breech plug and the rear tang. The bore is shootable. I would really like to restore this early New England made gun and shoot it. It was pretty crusty and dirty and the hammer screw was broken off. I drilled it out and saved the threads or if I have to tap it to a different size. I cleaned off all the years of dirt and build up and the stock as well. No sanding! Completely disassembled it and cleaned it. Scrubbed the bore and soaked it over night. It will definitely spin a ball.
Any leads would be appreasheated.
Thanks for looking,
unnamed (4).jpg
unnamed (5).jpg
unnamed (7).jpg

Latest posts

Back