• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Navy Arms Pietta 12 ga with two sets of barrels. Value?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 48702

Richard Turner
Reaction score
Looking for an idea of what the value of a Navy Arms Pietta Mfg. 12 ga. percussion shotgun would be in today's market. I have a member of our hunting club who is interested, but I don't have any idea of what it's worth or how to price it. It is one of the percussion double barrel shotguns that Navy Arms sold with a set of 28" and 14" barrels. I bought it in the mid Nineties and have never fired either set of barrels, it has just been taking up space in the safe. Any ideas as to value would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Richard

Look on Gun Broker or one of those other gun for sale sites ( which you most likely already have done). I can tell you this that back in 1986 I purchased a Navy Arms Pietta Mfg. 12 ga. percussion shotgun new for $349 or was it $339 it did not come with the extra short set of barrels. Today prices are all over the place for a good SXS. If as you say this SXS is unfired and in new condition I would guess a asking price of between $600 to $800 - with the original box and paperwork is not unrealistic. My opinion :thumb:

Look on Gun Broker or one of those other gun for sale sites ( which you most likely already have done). I can tell you this that back in 1986 I purchased a Navy Arms Pietta Mfg. 12 ga. percussion shotgun new for $349 or was it $339 it did not come with the extra short set of barrels. Today prices are all over the place for a good SXS. If as you say this SXS is unfired and in new condition I would guess a asking price of between $600 to $800 - with the original box and paperwork is not unrealistic. My opinion :thumb:

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I really can't recall what I paid for it so that helps a lot. I had a friend who came up to my table at the Birmingham show back in the mid-nineties and he had worked up a deal with another dealer if we bought two of the Navy Arms sets, no box or paperwork, but he was a black powder weapons dealer and the shotguns were brand new unfired. I agreed to go in on the purchase with my buddy since it had the short barrel set with it. I couldn't find any reference to the two barrel sets when doing a web search. Again, many thanks!

Regards,

Richard

Latest posts

Back