• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Navy Arms locks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R Ellis

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I just received a Navy Arms/ Pietta 12 gauge s/s that has some parts missing from the percussion locks .Does anyone make direct replacement locks or any parts for these locks Thx in advance

Navy Arms itself never ‘made’ anything, as they were they ‘selling’ side of the bizness.

I would post pictures and some measurements of the lock up against a ruler and perhaps we could be of more help!

Navy Arms itself never ‘made’ anything, as they were they ‘selling’ side of the bizness.

I would post pictures and some measurements of the lock up against a ruler and perhaps we could be of more help!
The gun was made by Pietta as in original post .The lock's are 4.835 long and 1.087 high

Attachments

• SDC11846.JPG
    SDC11846.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • SDC11847.JPG
    SDC11847.JPG
  • SDC11849.JPG
    SDC11849.JPG
  • SDC11850.JPG
    SDC11850.JPG
Last edited:
Deer Creek Products may have something.

Dixie Gun Works may have something.

Lodgewood Manufacturing may have something.

Start beating the bushes.

Last edited:
https://shop.davide-pedersoli.com/en/189-sear
https://shop.davide-pedersoli.com/en/198-hammer-spring
Looks like your going to need a sear, bridle and main springs for sure. Pedersoli themselves look to be hit and miss on the parts. Maybe a situation where you could modify a sear from something more common like a T/C. Dixie Gun Works sells spring matterial and blanks, while it would be difficult to make a spring without a broken one to compare too, it's not impossible.
Thanks for the info but I found a complete right side on ebay and it is now installed and working correctly and found a left that should be here Monday hopefully it will fit and work

I bought a 1976 Navy Pietta 12ga SxS about a year ago. The bridle on both was broken. The lock parts are cast and brittle. If you need new parts in the future send the broken part and entire lock to VTI Replica Gun Parts. They machined me to bridles and got it working great for a very reasonable price.

I bought a 1976 Navy Pietta 12ga SxS about a year ago. The bridle on both was broken. The lock parts are cast and brittle. If you need new parts in the future send the broken part and entire lock to VTI Replica Gun Parts. They machined me to bridles and got it working great for a very reasonable price.
Thank you I will keep that in mind

might want to redo them before they break again
I bought the gun with the locks the way you see them in the picture it was at a local gun shop with a wall hanger tag on it so I bought it to see if I could repair it and use it I have replaced both locks and the gun is now fully functional I may have time to shoot it tomorrow or the next day .I just cant let a good gun be just a wall hanger if it can be a shooter.

Back