• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My TVM........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macon Due

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Well boys.......One thing I can say about TVM,they are exactly like all of you said.They have been very nice and doing everything required to make my new rifle what it should be.I got several pictures from them yesterday of my 're-finished' wood and to my eyes it looks Super. They have installed the toe plate and discovered that the rear sight dovetail was cut deeper on the left edge[which made the sight tilted]It has been corrected as well.I e-mailed em several questions and Richard called me and answered them all and then we chatted [really nice guy].He says if all goes well that it 'should' be on it's way back to me by the end of this week. So hopefully next week I'll have it! :grin:
Macon

That's great...and now you'll be a happy camper.

IMO, it's always nice when something turns out exactly right the first time, but bottom line, as long as any craftsman can be counted on to make expeditious quality corrections if/when needed, that's a solid characteristic to have that earns repeat business in my book...

Thanks for letting us all know about your positive experience getting things squared away. We are all human and mistakes do happen. Isn't it great to deal with a company and individuals that place a high priority on integrity and delivering a quality product!

Hanshi
You are correct my friend!

F.Thomas
It is nice to deal with such people.I was a bit hesitant about sending it back as I have in the past [with a totally different co.] had a problem which the manufacturer was instantly defensive and i was at fault and knew nothing as he was an Expert! I finally told him to kiss my ass and just keep the $150.00 trigger and my money and jam it.
Anyway TVM was a Pleasure to deal with,I was treated as if I might indeed know something and that a mistake had been made. One week later I am told that all work is nearly complete and it should be shipped soon. What more could a person ask? Repeat bussiness to TVM.......You bet!
Macon

service after the sale? just think of what would have happend if it would have said "MADE IN TIAWAN"

Yep, ofcourse I doubt I'd have bought an Early Lancaster ...made in Tiawan...? :rotf: It is nice though to deal with a good company run by nice people.
Macon

That is wonderful. My only experience has been thru my Dad. He had a Grand Rifle made and a pistol to match last year. It took a over 8 mos. but they had a lot of inlays, carving and engraving are near perfect. You cant rush that kind of project. He calls down there all the time just to talk and ask questions about shooting, cleaning, or just general stuff and goes down for a visit from time to time. He is getting a 12g fowler built now by TVM. They didnt want you to be unsatisfied, you definetly did right sending it back, that's just the kind of folks your dealing with.

TO
The pix they sent me of my wood now looks great,I am again excited about my new rifle! :thumbsup:
I also plan to have them build me a fowling piece,unless I find a nice used left handed one in the meantime.... I'm sorta thinking I want a 28ga. but nice and light weight and a good point shooter.I want to use it as more of a wing shooting gun than for rabbits ect.
Macon

Well.............just got an e-mail from Richard at TVM. All work completed and rifle enroute as of this afternoon! Can hardly wait!
Macon :grin:

TO
You are right about 'not too bad'...from the time they got it till it was shipped back to me it was about 9 days. I don't think a person could ask for better service than that.
Yes, I will be very glad to welcome the 'traveler' home!
Macon

good deal hope she gets back soon....I've heard nothing but good stuff about TVM...my dealings with them have been positive even when I bought one of their guns from another person,Matt and Toni were very helpful in helping me get it all set up and going....now that you're squared away maybe they'll start my 58cal Early Va soon :grin:

Macondue,

Good luck with her my friend. You are lucky! Unfortunately I had to cancel my order back in May. In July I dropped dead while marching with my Vietnam Veteran Color Guard lucky for me EMT's were less then 5 feet away and were able to shock my heart and get her started again.

After one Stent and a defibrillator implant I'm doing pretty good. I have not been able to do much BP shooting since but will get back to it once healed up. I won't be able to hunt the bow season but hell I'm alive.

Cherish the time you have with that rifle and your family. Shoot the heck out of it! Real glad Tony and Matt took care of you.

V-71
Thank you for the well wishes,I am very glad also that you are alive! Not all the time does a person get a second chance,make the most of it! Hopfully one day you can get your TVM going again.
Macon

Back