• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My new (to me) TVM southern Flinter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kh0456

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I bought it used, but it hasn't been shot much at all. Absolutely the prettiest rifle I own.

.36 caliber, 42" barrel and fancy maple stock. I know it has a siler lock, but I'm not sure what make the barrel is or the triggers. No matter.... its a keeper for sure. Haven't shot it yet. Probably next weekend.
I've got several photos attached as I know a thread about a gun isn't worth doodely without them. :haha:

Congratulations! If she shoots half as good as she looks, you have a winner for sure. My sweet spot is southern rifles, should have one showing up here tomorrow. Good luck with her. Great caliber also.

Sweet looking flintlock. I like the finish on the stock. I have a southern mountain rifle in a .32 caliber. Small bore flintlocks are great for hunting squirrels. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks all! I am very excited about it. I've got three other muzzleloaders, but none like this one.

OP

Beautiful gun. Sure you will really enjoy if for decades to come, as will the person you pass it down to, like all excellent guns are meant to be. Post your results once you get some shooting time in with it. Truly a great piece to play with.

Sorry in advance for a bit of a derail below.

Alden

What no comment??? :idunno: :eek:ff . That is about as nicely put together gun as you could ask for, how could that possibly come from your much despised TVM. Apparently they DO MAKE a few good ones too. :blah:

That sure is a beautiful southern mountain rifle. TVM did an excellent job. And I'd bet it shoots as good as it looks. :thumbsup:

Got a southern style in .54 coming from TVM in a few weeks. Can't wait. Hope it looks as nice as the one you got.

That's a very fine SMR and sure to bring you pleasure for years to come. I have one from TVM, a very plain one, and it shoots like a dream.

There are two or three guys here who will trash your rifle simply because of who built it. If you had lied and said some other builder it would reap praises from them. You like it, I like it and just about all the rest like it. Don't worry over what the few duffers have to say about it. They're just parroting something they heard a self appointed guru say.

thanks very much! I did some research on TVM a while back when I was going to order a new one. Plus I live about 2.5 hours from TVM so I paid them a visit. Very nice folks and they were eager to show me around. Small place they have. Its actually a small house. Each room is setup to do something different. Pretty cool to see.
This one happen to come up and at a very good price so I jumped on it. Just a bit more than a kit price. :wink:
I saw a couple guys that were saying some negative things, but you cant please everyone as they say.
I know I couldn't build one like this... Its very nice. I love it! I'll post more when I shoot it. I'll start working up a load for it.

Thanks again!

Congrats Johnny! It's beautiful "that's fer sure and fer certain", as Matthew Quigley would say. :)

BTW, love the avatar!

Cleburne

Great gun JD...and yes, just ignore the resident anti-TVM troll.

PS:
If that gun gets oil on Mama's bed spread, she'll put a knot on your head, LOL.

Roundball said:
Great gun JD...and yes, just ignore the resident anti-TVM troll.

PS:
If that gun gets oil on Mama's bed spread, she'll put a knot on your head, LOL.

Wow.... Were you in the house when I took those pictures? Just after I took them, she wandered in and said almost that exact thing! LOL! I think it was something like "that thing better not leave anything on that afghan"

It didn't.... And all is good...... :rotf:

Back