• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My "new" pair of cva's

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since my recent deal on a JBMR fell through i decided to hit the gun show in houston this past sunday and im glad i did, sold my pedersoli trapdoor i never shot and found a couple of cva rifles and picked them up for 200.00 for the pair, not too bad i think considering how clean they were, one is a made in usa mountain rifle and the other just says made in spain, both have super nice bores, the shorter one maybe never fired looks like,seem like nice rifles, hope they shoot good, oh both .50 cal also.
1385590309_zpsf083156c.jpg

The one on the right is the CVA Mountain Rifle and one of the,, no take that back,, The finest Traditional ML CVA made.
Most of them are tack drivers and shoot better than most of the guys pulling the trigger.

They suffer from a factory flaw of removing too much wood for the lock and trigger mortise. Years worth of over tightening the tang screw and dry wood many times forces the triggers too deep and it messes with the sear arm of the lock.
(all of a sudden it won't go to half-cock)
Easy fix of either re-bedding the front of the trigger plate or adding a shim.
Take care of that one and it'll take care of you.

Looks like you got a deal on the moubtaun Rifle and they just threw in the Hawkens. What a deal!! :thumbsup:

i can tell the MR has been fired some but whoever owned it really kept the barrel and lock really clean, looks like it was greased up and put away, the lock was clean but packed with what looked hardened wheel bearing grease, same with the barrel,breach was totally plugged with hard grease,was a pain to remove but all was bright and shiny under it all . :grin:

That right there is the reason a lot of us go to 'the gun shows'. You just never know what's going to be there. You done exceptionally well. :thumbsup:

The CVA Mountain rifle is as good as if not better than most of the current crop of cap busters. The Hawken is a rifle that doesn't seem to have the following it should. Mine is accurate. Again, congrats. :hatsoff:

Hawken is a rifle that doesn't seem to have the following it should

If you mean the TC 'not really a hawken', that is probably because so many were made and sold. There are jillions of them out there. The day may come when they are desirable and prices will go up.

Back