• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My new kit..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFD60

36 Cal.
Reaction score
The past few weeks I've been working on my kit for this season and this is what I came up with.

IMG_2366.jpg

My shooting bag. It's 9x10" with a 2" gusset, has 2 outside pockets w/ flaps and 2 inside pockets. And is lined with pillow ticking.

IMG_2373.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

Next is my horn. This was my first attempt at doing a horn and scrimshaw.
IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

It seems I forgot to take a picture of my possibles bag. It's 11x12" and has2 outside pockets. It's unlined.

Belt and belt pouch. Pouch is 6x7" simple 2 pocket w/ flap, unlined.
IMG_2367.jpg

Flint wallet.
IMG_2377.jpg

My fire kit, ball block and one of many little buckskin pouches.
IMG_2378.jpg

I'm still working on my leggings and moccosins. Let me know what you think. Any comments would be appreciated.

You've been busy. :hatsoff:

Got some good lookin' gear there. There's a couple of things I woulda done different on the bags, but that's usually the case with me... gotta be different. :haha:
I like the fire kit and the horn. :thumbsup: The fire kit looks real handy and the horn turned out very nice, especially if it's your first one. The scrim is great! I'm impressed! Keep at it. :hatsoff:

I'll be looking for the pics of your leggins and mocs.

Looks good enuff for me .. literally .. just send it all on over here and I will try 'er out for you! :hatsoff: :haha:

Davy

Thanks for the reply. Thats some real nice stiching work. Do you use some way to mark where your going to sew, how do you keep your stich line so straight and evenly spaced ?

I use a four pronged stitching punch from Tandy, helps to keep everything nice and neat...

Great lookin possables. There is something about making your own stuff that makes it even more of a joy to carry than the stuff you buy. Keep up the good work.

HFD60,

That's complete set up that anyone would and should be proud of. That really shines.

Jay

Schazaaaam! Only complaint I got is that you don't kow my address where you can send them! :rotf: :rotf: Great work and the stichinng is superb too! :thumbsup:

Wow! I think it all looks excellent. I am very impressed. How do you do your stitching? If you are too dissapointed with them, I'll PM my address to get 'em out of your sight. :wink:
Idaho PRB

Back