• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My new gun rack

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, gonna have to find some more wall space for a new rack, too many guns. Yeah I know, no such thing as too many. I was thinking about emulating how the Williamsburg Governor's Palace was decorated decades ago.......... One can only dream, right?

338885d98d7bf2aec10686414bd3d5f3.jpg

7464395932_7615466927_b.jpg

fa830c707c4519dd972c4a9f4a3aafa9.jpg

I've built furniture out of pallet wood.

I'm also planning on using pallet wood to make a butcher block bathroom vanity top.
A friend now deceased used rough sawmill pine 2x ? to make a countertop in his log house kitchen. He sanded the boards down and stained them, then used polyurethane finish on them. Beautiful and waterproof. Only took 2 boards for the job, they were wide and long and full 2" thick. And weighed a bunch.

A friend now deceased used rough sawmill pine 2x ? to make a countertop in his log house kitchen. He sanded the boards down and stained them, then used polyurethane finish on them. Beautiful and waterproof. Only took 2 boards for the job, they were wide and long and full 2" thick. And weighed a bunch.
You can also use regular 2X fir/pine. Shave the sides square and glue them together, stain em whatever color you want. Since it's technically a "wet" environment I'd use marine varnish.

2x4 or 2x6 works too. generally rough sawn has more character. I would suggest using 'bar top" epoxy for a finish. I love hand crafted gun racks no matter the sophistication. I am particularly fond of log furniture.

Made two more vertical wall hangers for the GPR & Investarms "Hawkin".

Have to work up something to go above the peg rack for three more flintlocks. Wall space is limited.

Hawkin racks.jpg

The two racks are at the same height, the shadow, picture angle and different gun lengths make it appear that they're off. I triple checked the measurements.

KJE, the Williamsburg Gov. palace is a neat place, when you enter the foyer just too the left of the entrance is a the wall with besses that are all documented to the rev. war, also if you go to the armory there are some interesting weapons there, Wallace Gunther's first rifle he made while at Williamsburg is there I actually got too hold the rifle on a visit.

KJE, the Williamsburg Gov. palace is a neat place, when you enter the foyer just too the left of the entrance is a the wall with besses that are all documented to the rev. war, also if you go to the armory there are some interesting weapons there, Wallace Gunther's first rifle he made while at Williamsburg is there I actually got too hold the rifle on a visit.
I have not been there in decades and now live almost 1900 miles away.......... When I used to live in NoVA I visited Williamsburg all the time, knew it so well I probably could have given tours. If I had the money and didn't have to work I would have lived there. That pretty much stopped a few years after I was married. The wife was from NoVA (Fairfax Station) and was raised taking field trips to Williamsburg, etc, she hated most everything Colonial, considered it too austere for her tastes. She did like the outlet shops though....... LOL!

Latest posts

Back