• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My new gun rack

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Made this out of reclaimed pallets, white oak.

Gun rack.jpg

Need two more to fill it up and they're on the way.

That looks great. I have been wanting to make one and yours is very similar to what I had in mind, simple yet elegant. Nice job. 👍
I just used an orbital sander to knock the heavy rough off of the boards leaving the kerf marks then picked out the ones that were the most straight with the best "character". Screwed together from the back then added the wall hangers and finally the fleur de lis I found on Etsy. The tin plate I just stuck between the front board and mounting board for "storage", it worked...... :)

You made a simple gunrack that really does the job. Nothing else is really needed. 25 yrs ago we moved into our 3rd new house {still am living in it} and when building a work shop room in the basement, made the walls to be recessed gun racks. One was for MLers and the other for CFs.

The CF gunrack was a vertical rack while the MLer rack was horizontal. Through the yrs both worked out fine. Below is shown the MLer rack when I was really into building Mlers of all kinds, but mainly LRs. My first "build" was a TC Hawken kit and the 2nd was a LR blank build of which the stock was used for kindling in my woodburner. ....learned a lot from both the "failure" and the 2nd attempt of a LR built from reused parts. The 3rd gun down is a Bucks County waiting to be shipped to the customer and the 4th down is a LHed Lancaster w/ a few hrs into it. I don't recall what the 2 bottom builds were made into.

In a couple of yrs, filled the MLer rack w/ flintlock LRs...all built from blanks and one day realized that they weren't being shot or even handled....but didn't think I could sell any of them seeing at first a lot of "blood and tears" went into their building. Awhile later sold one LR and found that I had no remorse in doing so, so shortly all were sold....which told me that I enjoyed the building more so than amassing a rack full of MLers.....Fred

P1010002.JPG

Last edited:
Back