• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My latest pawnshop treasure.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chef50

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Picked up this beauty at my fav pawn yesterday, 50 cal, 1 in 48 twist, looks unfired. Richland Arms "Wesson" rifle in 50 cal.

Attachments

• IMG_0615.jpg
    IMG_0615.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0616.jpg
    IMG_0616.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 0
Nice..... I misrmember if mine was a Richland Arms .45 Wesson, but do remember it had an alloy frame with a blue-like finish.

It shot well, but at the time, I was changing guns like they were dirty clothes - so it went down the road for something else that caught my eye. :(

Just seen a couple on line for sale. One has a brass colored frame and the other is blued.
Couldn't make out how to remove the barrel for cleaning. Looked like one or two screws
on the left side of the frame but it's not clear if those are for take down to clean.

Just seen a couple on line for sale. One has a brass colored frame and the other is blued.
Couldn't make out how to remove the barrel for cleaning. Looked like one or two screws
on the left side of the frame but it's not clear if those are for take down to clean.
Allen and or Wesson Boxlock rifles do not take down to clean i have used a nipple adapter and rubber tube into a bucket full of solution for other rifles that aren’t easily broken down for cleaning. Works just fine…

I’ve just begun to build an Allen Boxlock rifle with the English shotgun style stocks. It’ll wear a 28” 1-1/16”-15/16” tapered .45 caliber 1:20” barrel. A modern Express muzzleloading rifle.

OP, You’re very lucky! Those are wonderful rifles. The rifling should be fairly deep for good accuracy with round ball.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back