• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My First rifle build.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

40cal

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I bought a couple rifles. One is a 50 cal. And the other is a 20 gauge smoothbore. I have wanted a smoothbore for a long time. The are both partially built. I get to finish them. I will give more details on them later. I would appreciate any pictures of smoothbore rifles. I would like to get some ideas. I’m not a carver or engraver. I will be looking at the shape and maybe simple inlays. If there is one. Mine will be nut brown. I’ll post more when I get a little more time. Thanks

While there is a firearm that is best described as a smooth rifle which has the architecture of a rifle but a smooth bored barrel, front and rear sights, often smaller smooth bored gauge (28 or smaller), cheek piece and patch box. @40cal, perhaps some pictures of the partial firearms are in order.

It would help to know what century/nation you are looking for. Also you might want to do a little rewording "smoothbore rifles"
It would help to know what century/nation you are looking for. Also you might want to do a little rewording "smoothbore rifles"
Mine is a smoothbore not a smooth rifle. Sorry for the error. I think it will make a nice shooter. I will post update photos later. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2308.jpeg
    IMG_2308.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2303.jpeg
    IMG_2303.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2302.jpeg
    IMG_2302.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2307.jpeg
    IMG_2307.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I agree, smooth rifle, here is the Chambers page on these to give you an idea of how to shape the stock.

https://www.flintlocks.com/RK-07.htm
I appreciate all the help. I think this is the one I have. Mine has no rear sight. It is a 62cal all smooth inside the barrel. I have been burning the candle at both ends to get two partially finished long guns finished. I have the smoothbore done all except putting a tip on the ramrod. I’ll post more soon. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2521.jpeg
    IMG_2521.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back