• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My first ever Buck!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For comparisons sake, where did you put your ball on that deer? The deer I took with my .58 walked about 60 yards with a lung that looked like it was almost blown in half. Ribs were shattered going in and out of the deer too. It's interesting to me the difference in reaction a deer will take when being shot.

Give ol' "Thumpy" an extra rub of stock oil.
Love it when those Lyman GPR make meat.
Good looking buck, and you did great putting that RB where it needed to go.
Enjoy your buck. Now you can look foreward to doing it again next year.

Good shooting, Robtattoo! Look's like a very nice 7 point. :thumbsup: I like the way you customized your GPR, too.

Nice looking buck and I like your GPR too. Hearty congratulations on your hard-earned success. Good shooting!

Hey Rob, forgot to mention yesterday that your gun and mine must be related. My .58 Hawken is called "Thumper," he's named after both Bambi's lil friend and because his kick is a tad ferocious.

Congrats to you and "Thumpy"..
How long did it take to get the big grin to go away? :grin:
That buck will be extra sweet taken with your flinter! :thumbsup:
Atta-Boy's to you.. :bow:
Enjoy the back straps....Dan

Latest posts

Back