• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My daughters horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbit

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Just built a rifle for my daughter for her birthday so figured I had better make her a horn to go with it. I did have to buy a bag, I hate working with leather. Went with an October Country double bag. They do nice work for a reasonable price. Hopefully the pics load ok.web page
web page
web page
web page

The pics are kind of small but the horn looks really great. She should be happy.

Sorry they came out so small. Not quite sure why. Could be because I forgot to resize them to 600 pixels wide?

I think you gave us the thumbnail link. Click it, and get the big picture, then copy the properties. :imo:

Nice Powder Horn. When ya get a chance send the pics of the gun you made for her.

I bet she is one proud youngun'.

Good Job!
Cat9

Good lookin' horn, Rabbit. Regarding Daughters... If'n mine combs her hair just right,,you can't hardly even see her horns.

Rabbit, you did your daughter proud!!! This will be something she will treasure for many years. Great job!

Rabbit, you are one talented sonuvagun! I love the heart motif, just perfect for the love that went into the building of the gun, the raising of your daughter, and the blood-bond linking you two forever. She's a lucky girl, and I can tell you're a lucky man. Beautiful! God bless you both

Thanks Marc. She has been shooting the gun this summer and doing well. Took first twice at the Northeastern Rendez (had to take second prize the second win though). The barrel on the rifle is 30" swamped. .45 caliber but could have gotten it in different calibers including .50. I bet it would make for a nice gun to carry in .50 for deer season but might have some pretty good recoil. At .45 it only weighs 5 lbs.

i just got to say i like that rifle im gonna make one this winter kinda like it i like simple stuff too i really liked how you punched out those heart shapes on the bottom once again nice job hope she likes it :front:

The toe plate came from Track of the wolf. I had to shorten it a little, the heart I had to cut off I placed as an inlay in the cheek piece.

Back