• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My converted percussion rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, Marplot asked to see some pictures so here they are, always swore I was going to have this reconverted to flint but never got around to it and at my age probably will not. Anyway here we go.

Here is a shot of the lock, the lock plate reads Tatham & Egg and you can see the single set trigger.

OG Jaeger lock.jpg

Trigger guard

OG Jaeger trigger guard.jpg

Huge cheek piece

OG Jaeger cheek piece.jpg

Three leaf rear sight

OG Jaeger sight.jpg

.62 caliber bore with round bottom rifling

OG Jaeger muzzle.jpg

Overall shot of the rifle

OG Jaeger overall.jpg

I have shot this with a .600 ball and 20 thou patching with light loads and it shoots well enough to put a deer down at reasonable distances but is retired now.

Thanks for looking!

OK, Marplot asked to see some pictures so here they are, always swore I was going to have this reconverted to flint but never got around to it and at my age probably will not. Anyway here we go.

Here is a shot of the lock, the lock plate reads Tatham & Egg and you can see the single set trigger.

View attachment 296036

Trigger guard

View attachment 296040

Huge cheek piece

View attachment 296041

Three leaf rear sight

View attachment 296042

.62 caliber bore with round bottom rifling

View attachment 296043

Overall shot of the rifle

View attachment 296044

I have shot this with a .600 ball and 20 thou patching with light loads and it shoots well enough to put a deer down at reasonable distances but is retired now.

Thanks for looking!
I like it. The lock and especially the barrell.

Latest posts

Back