• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Cannon Barreled Pistol.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Le Loup

32 Cal.
Reaction score
.70 caliber cannon barrel & a left hand lock. The ramrod that came with it was iron but too short, so I made a new one from wood with an antler tip.
Pistol-video-REDUCED.jpg

Pistol-3-REDUCED.jpg

Keith.

Yes I really really like that pistol. I think I've seen a couple of pics of it. ?? Other than the lock being on the wrong side, :) that thing is right up my alley, would love to have something like that. Still waiting for you to load that, wad-style, and do a war dance, or rain dance, and see if the ball falls out. Maybe run on the tread mill for an hour? :) How does she shoot? How much powder do you use? Where the heck did you get such a thing? These things we want to know. !!!!

Yes I really really like that pistol. I think I've seen a couple of pics of it. ?? Other than the lock being on the wrong side, :) that thing is right up my alley, would love to have something like that. Still waiting for you to load that, wad-style, and do a war dance, or rain dance, and see if the ball falls out. Maybe run on the tread mill for an hour? :) How does she shoot? How much powder do you use? Where the heck did you get such a thing? These things we want to know. !!!!
That's a great looking pistol! Think I've seen it in at least one of your videos. Must be a hand full to handle with a heavy load.
Unfortunately gentlemen I live in Australia, where it is illegal for me to use this pistol without a restricted H class license & even then only on a club range. So I can't answer those questions. Actually I started a petition to have the law changed for muzzle-loading pistols, but out of all the gun owners in Australia, only 98 people have signed!!! No wonder it was so easy to confiscate certain guns here after the Port Arthur shooting! It won't be long before they take all our guns or make it too difficult to purchase & use guns!
Keith.

One of my best friends is from down under. Those are sure some unreasonable rules and restrictions. Sure is a nice pistol....just the sort of thing I'd love to have. What about the people who live out in the out-back, on isolated farms/ranches? Do those types of restrictions apply to them, or is there "special" permits in such cases? Guess you won't be loading it up, and doing a war-dance on a public range. Darn. :)

One of my best friends is from down under. Those are sure some unreasonable rules and restrictions. Sure is a nice pistol....just the sort of thing I'd love to have. What about the people who live out in the out-back, on isolated farms/ranches? Do those types of restrictions apply to them, or is there "special" permits in such cases? Guess you won't be loading it up, and doing a war-dance on a public range. Darn. :)
That is where I live Rat, in a forest. Law still applies!
Keith.
Carolyn-s-Snow-Pics-009-REDUCED.jpg

Wychwood Forest, New England NSW.

Unfortunately gentlemen I live in Australia, where it is illegal for me to use this pistol without a restricted H class license & even then only on a club range. So I can't answer those questions. Actually I started a petition to have the law changed for muzzle-loading pistols, but out of all the gun owners in Australia, only 98 people have signed!!! No wonder it was so easy to confiscate certain guns here after the Port Arthur shooting! It won't be long before they take all our guns or make it too difficult to purchase & use guns!
Keith.

So what do you have to do/cost to get that restricted H class license? Do you need some kind of license or permit to own it?

So what do you have to do/cost to get that restricted H class license? Do you need some kind of license or permit to own it?
This particular pistol is an antique, so I do not need a license, registration or a permit to purchase, I just can't use it!
In order to get a license, I have to join a pistol club, so I have the license fee plus the club membership fees. Then I have to attend the club range on a regular basis, or my license will be revoked. I can ONLY use the pistol on the club range, NOT on my own private property out bush.
Keith.

Not good. But that's really something that it's a left-handed pistol.

Back