• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My camp and Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pargent

62 Cal.
Reaction score
2uh4msx.jpg

My camp at Ripley June 2014 .

fnd2td.jpg

jqtaw9.jpg

Bess in full recoil with service load

dde6bk.jpg

9qe5hk.jpg

Clays at night

Yes about average for me but well behind the guys using percussion guns .

Wonder why?

As for the kit... Fancy and friggin' new looking. What rank are you that someone carried all that gear for you? Must be high given your time in as I guarantee you never "died" in that spotless regimental and small clothes. Are you selling those guns in the display rack? Are the Belly Box, slung Cartridge Box, and powder horn kind of a "belt and belt and suspenders" thing? And Phil, where'd the end of your musket go!?

Very pretty all in all.

AWE PHOOEY !
Alden I love when people post their pictures.
I don't think he was looking for a critique.
I think it's time you "ponied up" some pictures for a comparison. :grin:

He knows I'm just funnin' the extremes. That said, his camp and kit ARE going to be in the March edition of Architectural Digest and on MTV Cribs during sweeps week.

Dude, a new TOWNHOUSE isn't that pretty, neat, and clean! Is that an English GARDEN next to his starched fly! Did they HAVE dry cleaning in the 18th C.? What do they get to Scotchguard spatterdashes!?

:wink:

You’re bad, but funny. :rotf:
Surprised you didn’t make a Martha Stewart reference.
Actually it reminds me of a recruiter’s office.
No disrespect intended Phill. :thumbsup:

Senior Warrant Officer :wink: ,Actually the coate and bonnet are quite old ,both are inherited , the shoes are pushing 10 years .

OK, I'd be a JEALOUS officer even back home in a recruiting ("supplemental"?) company.

Good-looking camp and uniform, Phil! But Alden's joking brings up a good point, in my mind. If someone is wearing an Eighteenth Century uniform, I can understand a bit of spit and polish (okay, maybe dirty those white breeches up a little), but I see a lot of pictures of reenactors wearing clothing that a farmer/hunter or backwoodsman would be wearing, and it's all clean, and neat and tidy. Wouldn't your imagination dictate that you dirty it up a little, maybe rip it a little and then patch it, etc. for a more realistic look? I made myself a cocked hat out of a wool felt blank when I first started this hobby several years ago, and I am increasingly dissatisfied with how it looks; too stiff, too clean and so on. I have taken to removing the hat and kicking it around on the ground to give it a little "patina"...you know. I would like to see a bit more realism in outfits, but maybe that's just me.

FYI for every one the clothes are not brand new but just well cleaned by a very good washer woman, after every weekend away the stains ,dirt and grime are washed away .There are darning repairs to the clothing but they are done by hand and blended in

The guns are top - SLP (Pedersoli) , bottom & in use on the clays -Gov. issue Chief's gun , by Sutherland ( an early kit gun from Curley )in 20ga..

You wash all your clothes every weekend you wear them... OK, you know it's supposed to be, like, once a campaigning season except for your small clothes, right? How else will your regimentals become waterproof!?

:) Note the colour of the coat it is RED ,one has to live up to others expectations of oneself hahaha :haha: :wink: Now if it was blue or brown then not washing would be the go ,hahaha :haha:

YOU'RE impressed!? I'm renting that timeshare and going there for vacation. We're looking forward to someone else doing our laundry so well as much as lounging in such self-indulgent luxury!

I will have the boy break out the silver just for you :haha: FYI I realy do have silverware for my camp :haha:

Back