• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Muzzleoader Shotgun...Project? Parts Gun?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am listing this shotgun I got in a package deal....It's been taking up space for 2 years and I'll never do anything with it...time for a new home. Here is what I know. It is not a reproduction, the barrel is 31" long, the bore is dime size...16 gauge?? I found no markings on the lock, and have not tried to remove the barrel. The springs are good, both hammers will cock and fire, left one you have to play with. I HAVE fired caps on both barrels. I believe with some work, the nipples could be removed, but I didn't try. The stock is cracked in 2 places, (see pics), it shows one previous repair as well. I have NO CLUE what the silver coating is on it, looks like it was applied with a brush and is water thin, not like a paint. If anyone can tell me, I would certainly appreciate it...I'm taking offers, shipping included...I would like to be somewhere in the $200 range, but I have no real idea what it is worth....I have a 12 gauge, and I paid a good bit more for it.....

Attachments

• IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0057.jpg
    IMG_0057.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 237
Yup, drop a bore light down the barrels and post a pic. If they're trashed, it's a wall hanger, and not worth the restocking effort.

I’m interested, as long as the bores aren’t totally sewer-pipe.

I am listing this shotgun I got in a package deal....It's been taking up space for 2 years and I'll never do anything with it...time for a new home. Here is what I know. It is not a reproduction, the barrel is 31" long, the bore is dime size...16 gauge?? I found no markings on the lock, and have not tried to remove the barrel. The springs are good, both hammers will cock and fire, left one you have to play with. I HAVE fired caps on both barrels. I believe with some work, the nipples could be removed, but I didn't try. The stock is cracked in 2 places, (see pics), it shows one previous repair as well. I have NO CLUE what the silver coating is on it, looks like it was applied with a brush and is water thin, not like a paint. If anyone can tell me, I would certainly appreciate it...I'm taking offers, shipping included...I would like to be somewhere in the $200 range, but I have no real idea what it is worth....I have a 12 gauge, and I paid a good bit more for it.....
Dime size muzzle bore, 70ty or so years ago we all used that to confirm 12 gauge full choke if it would not enter the barrel at the muzzle , if it did with small amount of clearance it was considered modified choke. This method was in common use at that period of time in th Sacramento Valley .

Latest posts

Back