• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Different size nipples on one gun?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 1810+ Belgian double barrel shotgun. One of the nipples is badly damaged. I acquired a nipple wrench (Amazon) and removed both nipples. The damaged one thread measures .260 the undamaged one thread measures .239 I guess this is 1/4-28.

I guess one side has been retapped and larger. Are there larger size nipples? Both are fine thread. Trying to find my thread gauge, but they look the same pitch.

what do i need to do?

Attachments

• 5 ELG (4).JPG
    5 ELG (4).JPG
    383.8 KB · Views: 10
Yes track of the wolf has .250, .255, .260, ..265 I believe. I have an old belgian and needed replacement nipples. I am only up to .255 so far. Very common. My belgian is about the same age.

Track of the wolf part numbers---

.260 - ROS-10-S

.250 - RST-S

Be sure of your thread pitch before ordering.

Once you get them, they should screw in without much, if any, help from the wrench. Don't run them all the way down if you are really having to crank on them.

Last edited:
Do a future owner a favor- attach a tag explaining the difference in nipple threading when you decide to sell it or don’t shoot it anymore.

Latest posts

Back