• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading Gunsmith in Md

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravenousfishing

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a muzzleloading gunsmith in Md, Southern Pa. to work on a couple percussion locks I am having issues with. I live on the eastern shore, and to my knowledge there is nobody nearby who specializes in sidelock. muzzleloaders, so I guess a roadtrip is in order.

Lets try this again. Been busy all summer but have some free time to make a trip now before hunting season.

Cabin Creek is a good shop and drivable from Maryland. I've been very happy with the work there and really good people.
Another is Ft Chambers, which has a good reputation but I have not been there.

I'm looking for a muzzleloading gunsmith in Md, Southern Pa. to work on a couple percussion locks I am having issues with. I live on the eastern shore, and to my knowledge there is nobody nearby who specializes in sidelock. muzzleloaders, so I guess a roadtrip is in order.
Cabin Creek or Dixon's. Cabin Creek is in Hallam PA, just outside of York.
Dixon's is farther from you in Kempton PA, which is up near Allentown.
I have a Cabin Creek PA Mountain Rifle, and all of my flintlock deer have been taken with it, spanning about a 20 year period.

LD

Fort Chambers in Chambersburg is worth the trip. Nice guy and they always seem to have unique and one-of-a-kind items. Also, there is a Sportsman's Warehouse right across the road. Both are right off of 81 and you can't miss it.

Back