• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloaders? What muzzleloaders?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluegrass

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Rant-ON
Have you ever noticed how it seems like the major gun magazines(Shooting times,American Rifleman,Guns & Ammo) don't even know traditional frontstuffers exist? :curse: I'm an NRA member, so I get American Rifleman, and I'm a subscriber to Shooting Times. The only time I can remeber seeing an article on traditional smokepoles was in a Field & Stream from the early '90s.

I just got in the latest Shooting Times today and I see this article, its title reads "10 tips for getting along with your in-line muzzleloader." :curse: :no: :shake: :: What a load of manure! How about an article titled "10 reasons to buy a side lock insted of an in-line." :thumbsup: That's more like it! ::

And the part that really stinks is that, in my opinion, the NMLRA charges way too much to join. If you can get a year of Shooting Times for 20 bucks, why can't you get a year of Muzzle Blasts for 20 bucks?
Rant-OFF

Any other opinions yall?

I agree with what your saying... I've been a longtime member of the NMLRA, started out paying $25.00 a year for membership, heck, it may have been $20.00 a year? Don't recall for sure???

Anyway, it irks me that the pages of "Muzzle Blast" have inline articles, and advertisements when the organization was founded on traditional muzzleloading firearms... What a crock anymore! :rolleyes:

I only support them because it is one of the few publications available to us besides the, "GREAT" publication of "Muzzleloader Magazine"... :applause: :thumbsup: You can't go any better then, "Muzzleloader Magazine" IMHO!

Unfortunately the only way money is made in publishing is through advertisements.
When was the last time you saw a major add for a traditional muzzle loader that wasn't a T/C or CVA or the like.
And darned few of those. The $$$$money$$$$ is in in-lines, sabots, powerbelt bullets, scopes, mounts, bottled cleaning supplies and so on.
I we all got together and started a "TRADTIONAIST MAGAZINE"
just who would pay to advertixe in it?
Leupold? Weaver? Knight? T/C?
Hornady and less than a dozen others make roundballs, but the $$$$money$$$$ is in sabots, special copper jacket bullets, all copper bullets, powder belts, P.R. bullets, and so on.
You can sell enough accessories for an in-line and make more profit than was made on the in-line in the 1st place.
Sad, but real.
Custom traditional rifle makers don't make enough money to place and add in a major magazine and even if they did, they couldn't fill the orders. It takes too long to hand make a firearm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif

Who needs a stinkin magazine when I got all you guys. You allow me to read, ask questions, give opinions, look at great pictures, come up with neat ideas and so much more about so many different topics. Oh and its relatively cheap. The best part is that I laugh alot and have a lot less stress after visiting with all you all. :winking: Keep up the good stories and I will remember to renew my subscription soon. :crackup:
Zman

Back