• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloader supplies.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

house

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Where do you shop online for your muzzleloader supplies? I have always gone through Track of the Wolf for what my local store doesn't carry, but there s&h is so high. Graf and Sons s&h is reasonable, but what they carry is so limited. Just curious.

I make almost all of my supplies except powder,caps, and flints. (I am napping impaired) I made some powder many years ago and it was ok for fire works, but not consistant enough for shooting, For powder I use Powder Inc. , caps I get where ever I can find them, same for flints since Rich Pierce stopped selling them.

I have found it wise to shop around. Shipping is often the deciding factor. Dixie charges a minimum so if you are buying a few small items you pay too much.

I have bought from Dixie since about 1959, when their stuff was at best a good approximation of originality. Mostly switched to Log Cabin and Track of the Wolf. All reliable.

I'd recommend giving Powder Valley, Inc., Winfield, Kansas, a try. Order online or via telephone. People there are polite, professional & prompt. (How's that for alliteration?) Seriously, they even recently offered a sale on FFF Goex! Relatively rare these days.

It depends what you are looking for as some are general ML and others lean on traditional guns. Natchez has a lot, especially for the new shooter, and there is Kittery Trading Post, Buds Guns and the others already mentioned. Googling for a specific thing usually scares up new places. Prices are generally about the same unless a place is having a sale, and that sale might be free shipping. To make shipping pay, I try to order a bunch of things at once. The killer is when you just need one thing. It helps to get on their mailing lists.

my local BP shop is small, but he has powder in stock most of the time. His price's are fair. I want to keep him around. So I buy as much as I can from him. Even let him order me stuff. It's not that munch more. The convenient factor and his knowledge is worth it.

my local BP shop is small, but he has powder in stock most of the time. His price's are fair. I want to keep him around. So I buy as much as I can from him. Even let him order me stuff. It's not that munch more. The convenient factor and his knowledge is worth it.

Where is your local BP shop. I would like to buy from mom/pop business but not sure of any close to me.

Back