• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloader season camp

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Filson is just about all I wear from October through March. Vests, jackets, etc it’s all unbelievably durable and warm. No one makes clothing like this anymore.
I was going to go with The LL bean Main Guide wool… Yet Filson reviews are extraordinary. I’ll obtain a Vest and pant with jacket as time goes on. Definitely Vest next and soon.

I was a Cabelas guy for a long time, yet I needed to update my apparel. Figured, get the best and never buy again. Probably pass em along to next generation. “Lifetime’s” repair guarantee.

Some pictures from today. The buck had shed his antlers, died as an antlerless deer on our first drive. The gun is my son’s 45 built by Bill Slusser. The ground blind view is where I’m presently sitting

Attachments

• EC6711DE-537A-4352-B9B9-98E041F6D01A.jpeg
    EC6711DE-537A-4352-B9B9-98E041F6D01A.jpeg
    869.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 8304C0C5-7B8B-4C3D-A409-796A3548352D.jpeg
    8304C0C5-7B8B-4C3D-A409-796A3548352D.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 2BE84D19-D9C2-49D1-A463-E8C3A7E7D58A.jpeg
    2BE84D19-D9C2-49D1-A463-E8C3A7E7D58A.jpeg
    7.4 MB · Views: 0
  • BD56EEF1-E5EF-4E4F-A21C-54C73BC157CD.jpeg
    BD56EEF1-E5EF-4E4F-A21C-54C73BC157CD.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Nice! I have that same titanium stove. Makes a cold night a lot more comfy -- especially with a cot to get off the ground & above the drafts. I love waking up to the sight of frost everywhere except the top of my tent.

I still have a 1/2 dozen Naga hides still on stretchers. Probably never get around to using them.

Not proud to have contributed to their extinction. 😞
Don’t feel bad, you weren’t the worst offender. IIRC, every school corporation in America had to have the status symbol of outfitting every one of their school busses with Naga.

I got to get out this weekend and setup a camp and do some hunting. The first morning a jumped a couple doe and got a shot on one of them. I'm really impressed with the little traditions deer hunter it's lightweight and easy to get on target even if the deer is moving. The rest of camp was great and ended up get some snow the second night.
View attachment 184070View attachment 184070View attachment 184071View attachment 184072View attachment 184073View attachment 184074View attachment 184075View attachment 184076View attachment 184077
Nice camp setup. We did the same during ML season in Colorado this 2022. Very comfortable and a bunch of fun.
Congratulation ..... that is a nice deer.

Filson is just about all I wear from October through March. Vests, jackets, etc it’s all unbelievably durable and warm. No one makes clothing like this anymore.
So I’ve worn these Filson bibs for every day of my hunting since I recently aquired them

Spectacular.

Can walk and stalk in them. Sit for hours

Never to cold or over heated. Just warm

I’ll be getting a Mackinaw Single cruiser next, vest, And……

So I’ve worn these Filson bibs for every day of my hunting since I recently aquired them

Spectacular.

Can walk and stalk in them. Sit for hours

Never to cold or over heated. Just warm

I’ll be getting a Mackinaw Single cruiser next, vest, And……
You will never regret purchasing Filson anything. It is all unbelievably rugged clothing. Four years ago I found myself stuck out on a rocky outcropping point high above the valley near dark. Wonderful semi wilderness hunt, got close to a small buck i later regretted passing up. Just being in a remote spot that might maybe see one other human once a year or two is exhilarating. The hike back to the truck was long and would occur in the dark no matter what. What I didn’t want to happen was coming out of the woods in deep dark. Even with a headlamp and maybe made worse with a headlamp, trying to walk or slide downhill through our rocky, steep, tangled mountains is a recipe for minor injury, broken limbs, and destroyed or lost gear. So instead of backtracking, I took a shortcut straight down the mountain, keeping the cliffs and jutting rock points directly to my left. No other choice but to slide on my butt and try to self arrest by catching ahold of trees and using my feet to dig in to slow down. About a thousand feet in elevation later, I felt my behind getting cold and wet. Sure enough the downhill slide had torn open the Filson pants, pretty small holes at both cheeks. But only after a very long and brutal process that would eat alive within minutes any other fabric I have worn over fifty years of hunting. So buy Filson and enjoy it under every condition. When temperatures stayed in the single digits here recently, the Filson double mackinaw kept me perfectly warm and comfortable no matter how long I was outside.

You will never regret purchasing Filson anything. It is all unbelievably rugged clothing. Four years ago I found myself stuck out on a rocky outcropping point high above the valley near dark. Wonderful semi wilderness hunt, got close to a small buck i later regretted passing up. Just being in a remote spot that might maybe see one other human once a year or two is exhilarating. The hike back to the truck was long and would occur in the dark no matter what. What I didn’t want to happen was coming out of the woods in deep dark. Even with a headlamp and maybe made worse with a headlamp, trying to walk or slide downhill through our rocky, steep, tangled mountains is a recipe for minor injury, broken limbs, and destroyed or lost gear. So instead of backtracking, I took a shortcut straight down the mountain, keeping the cliffs and jutting rock points directly to my left. No other choice but to slide on my butt and try to self arrest by catching ahold of trees and using my feet to dig in to slow down. About a thousand feet in elevation later, I felt my behind getting cold and wet. Sure enough the downhill slide had torn open the Filson pants, pretty small holes at both cheeks. But only after a very long and brutal process that would eat alive within minutes any other fabric I have worn over fifty years of hunting. So buy Filson and enjoy it under every condition. When temperatures stayed in the single digits here recently, the Filson double mackinaw kept me perfectly warm and comfortable no matter how long I was outside.
Filson is well known for the repairs to any of the products made…. Even if not original buyer. Did they repair them?

I’ve got a Serious Parka. It would be used only for stand hunting (Im doing that now with it) and I use a backpack to haul it. With a Gortex camo exterior shell over the green parka, it is excellent.

Otherwise Filson top to bottom is the plan. The bibs are So very nice ,im sure all other products are also.

Filson is well known for the repairs to any of the products made…. Even if not original buyer. Did they repair them?

I’ve got a Serious Parka. It would be used only for stand hunting (Im doing that now with it) and I use a backpack to haul it. With a Gortex camo exterior shell over the green parka, it is excellent.

Otherwise Filson top to bottom is the plan. The bibs are So very nice ,im sure all other products are also.
The pants have not yet been sent to Filson for repairs. But my understanding of their repair policy is as you say. Not many companies left like Filson.

Back