• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

MUZZLE CONING TOOL

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some real range time in with the flintlock. The picture is 5 shots! 4 in about one hole and I pulled the last one high. I need to stop earlier! This is the best group I have ever shot with any open sighted rifle. Let alone a flintlock! I really believe the coning reduced stress on ball and patch and allows everything to stay true while loading. Again can't stress just how happy I am with the post-cone treatment results. Thanks Joe!

Attachments

• 20230617_143914.jpg
    20230617_143914.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Used this for my .50 Kibler Colonial. Easy to use, doesnt take long, and works great! Will post shooting results as soon as I get a chance to take it out. Thanks Joe

I bought this coning tool from Joe because of all the good reports that have been posted about it and Mike Beliveau's good videos. I got the 50 cal. and used it to cone the barrel on my Thompson Center Hawken and my Kibler Colonial Flint. The instructions were good and the tool worked great. Joe was a delight to deal with, I can highly recommend buying from him if you want a coning tool.

I contacted Mr wood after months of research about his coning tool.While I am very comfortable in many aspects of firearm building I was hesitant Of being able to cone my flintlocks..I purchase the tool and found Mr Wood one of the nicest people I have ever dealt with and within 5 days received my tool .Again hesitant I started my first coning and found it was easier than I had assumed .While I was sweating bullets It came out exactly as everyone had stated .It's an amazing tool,well made ,instructions were very straight forward and cost including shipping couldn't be beat..If your tired of using a short starter or just want to load easier then look up coning on this site or YouTube or google it then contact Mr Wood here I promise you will not regret it .Mr wood says a man’s handshake is a binding guarantee and he backs that up something very refreshing today .Thank you

On my .45s one thing i did was tie a dry 2 x 2 cleaning cloth to a long kite string and put a paper clip on the other end .I used the ramrod to push the rag and string below the point the tool will reach. after coning retrieve the rag with a hooked wire drawing any debris out .It helps in cleaning and helps avoid the fine grit from traveling down the barrel .Clean the barrel at the end of the process. Mr Wood created a great tool just got my .50 tool .Another observation accuracy was not affected and loading was 100% easier . Thank you Mr Wood ! ! !

Back