• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muddy Run

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griz

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm just curious, How many folks on the forum are going to be at the Lancaster County Longrifles Rendezvous at Muddy Run next April 27th - May 1st ? I hear it is a very nice event. A good friend of mine is going with his wife and my wife and I may be attending from Thursday till Sunday. Still discussing it. Any way, how many are going? [url] wwwlancastercountylongrifles.com[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe you'll be able to meet up with quite a few people at Muddy Run. I may be biased, but it's a fine event. I've recognized several friends and brothers on this site that will be there.
If you run across some oversized, graying hairhog, who may be in a kilt and "blawin' the pipes", stop and introduce yourself.

Griz n others ya all will enjoy the site cause its right purrty. As Piper said there are plenty of folks there that post here on occasion including me. Iffen ya see a short, fat, grundgy, long haired, glasses wearen, :thumbsup: guy smileing ta beat the band somewhere close to the bagpiper its probably me. Ya got to have some Scots blood in ya to enjoy them ol cat squallen pipes hee hee. That n I'll have a small oval sign out front of my lodge sayen "Birds Cage" Stop in n say howdie. YMHS Birdman

Old Salt, my plans are to leave sunday morning,but maybe I can catch up with you.
Birdman, I will keep an eye out for the "bird cage"

I am going to try and be there, will probably be camped next to Birdman. Muddy Run is a beautiful site and the Lancaster Longrifles always put on a great event!

I'll be there. It's one that I try not to miss every year. Plus, it is the site of this year's EPR.

Eastern Primitive Rendezvous sponsered by the National Muzzleloading Rifle Assopciation. It is held Sept. 23 - Oct. 2 this year at Muddy Run.

The Eastern Primitive Rendezvous (EPR) is probably the biggest rendezvous in the mid-atlantic area.......maybe the whole eastcoast. It rotates through the NY, PA, OH, WV, MD area. They had it at Muddy Run about 3 years ago and it was an excellent event. It's not as shooting intensive as the Lancaster County Longrifles Rendezvous, but I think that's just because there are so darn many people there.

Fiddler's correct, the EPR is the largest vous of its kind in the country with anywhere from 4 to 6 thousand people under canvas(including kids;-). It is like a great big outdoor mall for PC stuff from both venders and campers alike. Sort of seems that if yer looking for something and can't find it at an Eastern then it probably isn't being made.The Muddy Run site is spectacular with open grassy areas and also plenty of wooded areas to camp in. The area is also large enough that you are not tripping over each other and tent ropes getting around. If ya have never been to an Eastern then this is the one to try.YMHS Birdman :thumbsup:

I had to read Birdman's reply a couple times. It's not often I see my name and "correct" used in the same sentence (g).

It is like a great big outdoor mall for PC stuff from both venders and campers alike. Sort of seems that if yer looking for something and can't find it at an Eastern then it probably isn't being made. If ya have never been to an Eastern then this is the one to try.YMHS Birdman :thumbsup:

Howdy,
The Muddy Run site is one of the nicest places the EPR visits in our estimation. Ground lays nice and there is plenty of it. It even has a couple of ponds for canoeing, but no swimming.
The Eastern is the granddaddy of rendezvous in the East.
Just one word of caution though to new guys. Just because an item is being sold at a rendezvous, the Eastern is included in this, does not make it period correct. Have a good idea what you want to purchase and then be careful is a good rule of thumb. I am not trying to put a cloud over the event, but it pays to be careful.

The opening and closing cerimonies are always nice to go to.

If you are day-trippin the EPR, you will be hardpressed to see it all and get to talk to everyone you will know or meet in a day.
We are going to be there for the EPR from Wed of the 1st week until either Wed or Thurs. of the last week, depending on the weather.

As I recall, they let you swim in the cove at the last Muddy Run EPR. The Lancaster County Longrifles didn't permit swimming. That swimmin' hole felt pretty good after a hot day.

Hi Fiddler,
I know some folks went swimming in the cove there at Muddy Run during the Eastern, but I understand that the ban on it comes from the folks that own the property, not the group running the event. I believe that Dan has talked to them about it, but it they don't seem inclined to give the okay.
Look forward to seeing you there.

Back