• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mud bugs

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montezuma

36 Cl.
Reaction score
It's my son's 25th birthday so we all went to the lake last night and caught a mess of crawdads. We get some decent sized ones in Colorado. Good day so far. Cast some .454 for the revolver,purging crawdads and getting ready for the cookout
20230729_121344.jpg

I love them. After I moved from MS, I flew into New Orleans for a meeting once. My boss picked me up at the airport and our first spot was a bar and grill for lunch were we ordered 6 lbs or so of crawdads.

In college we would just put them in the bed of a pickup and lower the tailgate for people to eat.

I've never heard of them way up there.
And that's sure a big one, so I guess that's how he got from Louisiana to Colorado, fighting all the way.
Where do you catch them way up there, on lakes or private ponds? I can't imagine in moving streams.

Wait, maybe I know why he wanted to go to Colorado... :cool:

Makes ya wanna like yer eyebrows. Keep the liquer out of the boiling pot makes a great base for crab soup later on.
It’s a shame really to live where boiled crawfish is a staple and eat them as seldomly as I do now. And I love them, but only had them once this year at our annual Church crawfish boil. We used to eat them regularly.

And that's sure a big one, so I guess that's how he got from Louisiana to Colorado, fighting all the way.
Where do you catch them way up there, on lakes or private ponds? I can't imagine in moving streams.

Here in Tennessee, at least in my part of the state, they don't get as big as that one he is holding. Or I've always looked in the wrong places. Yep, in a moving crick, just below an old dam, they used to be quite plentiful. Haven't been in a while though.

Before retirement spent time in Sunflower County in MS and in the delta below New Orleans on the salt. Ate plenty of crayfish. Also crabs, oysters, fish, gator, duck, geese. Was in the restaurant business in Philadelphia, PA which is a foodies town. But NEVER ate better than I did in the MS delta or on the Louisiana salt.
There are 4 star restaurants in Philadelphia that can not serve a steak as good as you get at Doe's Eat Place in Greenville.

Catch them in a few lakes here. Used to catch them in the creeks in north east Oregon when I was a kid. They were always under the rocks in the creek.

Before retirement spent time in Sunflower County in MS and in the delta below New Orleans on the salt. Ate plenty of crayfish. Also crabs, oysters, fish, gator, duck, geese. Was in the restaurant business in Philadelphia, PA which is a foodies town. But NEVER ate better than I did in the MS delta or on the Louisiana salt.
There are 4 star restaurants in Philadelphia that can not serve a steak as good as you get at Doe's Eat Place in Greenville.
Nothing matches low land cooking. Fella could get right fat down that way.

Parchman Farm (Mississippi State Prison) is in Sunflower County, you weren’t………naw. 😜

Latest posts

Back