• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Moose juice

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjohnson56

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I mixed up a batch of Stumpy's moose juice and put my pillow ticking in it, then layed it out to dry, then bottled the juice and capped it. Now when it's dry i'll put it in the juice again. Do I let it dry for a few hours or do I roll it up and bag it wet?

Kinda got into the Brewers game and it's getting close to evening so i'm not sure if I should wait till tomorrow to soak it once more or if it is close to dry and then wet it again leave it out over night with the dew and bag it when it's dry?

What's the best thing to do after letting it dry the first time?

I dip, dry. Dip again, dry. Roll it up and put in a tin. I use the "dry lubed" patches on humid days. On dry days I use patches moist with Moose Juice.

HD

The darn stuff has been on the picnic table for 2 or 3 hours and seems soaking wet yet.

Maybe i'll just roll it and give it a second dip after the suns up. I'll keep it in a ziplock overnight.

Thanks Stumpy, does the left over juice keep if I put it in a plastic milk jug and keep it capped?

Back