• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD - Pending funds 1757 Spanish Infantry Musket - NOT India Made

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
A continuation of thinning the herd, here is No.-4 now for sale. For those who might want a Spanish impression during the Colonial/Revolution period, this might be the perfect musket. It is an exact replica of the Spanish Model 1757 musket. Even down to the original .71 caliber (mics about .716). Manufactured in Eibar around 1983 about the time of our Bi/Tri Centennial. Supposedly, Navy Arms imported some. But there are not any NA's markings on the gun. Just the Spanish markings. The gun was manufactured by Mendi in Spain. I would rate the overall quality to be at least a bit better than Pedersoli. The lock works smoothly and sparks great. Best I can tell this gun has never been fired. I've left the brass mounts to naturally age to it's current look. But would easily polish out if desired. There are not even handling marks on the stock that I can detect. I bought this gun at the Antique Arms Show in Baltimore about 5-6 years ago. But it's been a "safe queen" for probably the last 40 years. LOL These muskets seldom come up for sale, especially in new condition. Barrel: 43.5", .71 caliber. LOP: 13.5". Weight: 10-lbs. on a bathroom scale. Ramrod threaded on end for cleaning accessories. Not sure of the thread size, but probably metric.

Accessories: 1 Correct style Sling. 2 Bayonet with Scabbard. Made in India, but correct for this musket.

Possible Issues: 1 The bore appears to have never been fired. Small, very thin spots of past rust up and down the bore. The kind you see from a new barrel sitting for 40 years of non-use. Would easily clean up with a few strokes of scotch bright. But IMHO I wouldn't bother. Both dry and wet cleaning patches go up and down smoothly. It's so slight it would not make a difference loading and shooting. A 12-gauge cleaning jag works perfect for cleaning. 2 I ran an endoscope down the barrel. The face of the breech plug sits about two threads behind the front thread of the barrel breech threads. Looks like it was just made this way. So you can feel it when you run a cleaning patch down the barrel. But it doesn't catch or tear the patch. The powder volume would cover this area when loading.
But I can't think of any issues with loading and shooting. I would post photos of the bore and breech but for the life of me I can't get the endoscope to open photos on my Windows-10 laptop. May have to call my computer guy. LOL

Anyway, let me know if you have any questions or desire additional information or photos. Price: $1,250.00 - shipped to the lower 48 states. And thanks for looking.

Rick

DSC03242 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back