• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Molly

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAA-686_1.jpg

MOLLY ,
My new friend .50 cal. 40in. Green Mtn.bbl. Chambers siler lock.. Built by Scott Shea . Purchased at TOW .
What a shooter ...
Say, this photo thingie is great...

AAA-686_1.jpg

MOLLY ,
My new friend .50 cal. 40in. Green Mtn.bbl. Chambers siler lock.. Built by Scott Shea . Purchased at TOW .
What a shooter ...
Say, this photo thingie is great...

:D What a beauty! Bet you hated waiting for the UPS truck :haha: I'm waiting on the .36 "Bean rifle" that's supposed to be shipped this week and gotta say, waiting goes from being fun, to getting antsy, to well....I'm tired of waiting! Want to go make some smoke! :: Anyways, that's one beautiful rifle you got yourself there :front: :front:

Beautiful gun! What "style" or "school" is it supposed to be indicative of? Reading/Berks Co.(?) 1760-1790(?) Looks like black iron hardware too(?) great for hunting - very nice! Congrats! :thumbsup:

Sorry I was so long in this reply...
Not an exact 'school' of any particular sort . It has been classed as a Lehigh Barn Gun ..whatever?? . Made in the poor boy..barn gun style .Chambers Siler lock and Green Mtn . bbl. No entry thimble , nose cap or butt plate . Builder did a nice job on the scraped stock and the antique finish on the furniature . Shoots a 490 RB with a 12 thous. patch and 90 grains of 3F. Real tack driver. I'm happy with her .
Recently picked up a 20 ga. poor boy Fowler from Jack Garner at TV Manu. Going to try her... "Maggie".. this weekend.
Keep in touch. :thanks:

Back